PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Interter ASTA 18LCC Flashing Lights

nzbru
18-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey guys, after trying to turn on my air conditioner in my room the operation and timer lights have started to flash. They both flash simultaneously four times and then the operation light flashes by itself four times. The lights then stop and the pattern is repeated. While this is happening the air conditioner seems to be blowing out cold air as per normal. I am wondering if this could be used to diagnose the problem and what the problem could possibly be. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

frank
18-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Red Light Operation = 4 Flashes
Green Light Timer = 8 Flashes
Reverse VDD Permament Stop - See more at: http://errorcodeairconditioning.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/fujitsu-air-conditioner-error-codes.html#sthash.6p9iXWo2.dpuf

bigor_2
18-11-2013, 01:46 PM
cutting from manual

ozairman
18-11-2013, 02:49 PM
A couple of points
1) ASTA18LCC does not have the plasma filter that this error info above refers to, the plasma filter is only fitted in the higher spec ASTB18LDC.
2) The O.P. has described Operation & Timer flashing 4 times then Operation another 4 times which makes a total of 8 x Operation flash and 4 x Timer flash.
So the actual error code is "PFC circuit error"

To the O.P. 99 times out of 100 this is just a nuisance error caused by high mains voltage or a power hiccup. Try turning the power off to the unit for five minutes and then restart it and see if it goes away, most times it does. If it doesn't hope that your unit is less than 5 years old and still in warranty :)

frank
18-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Quite right Ozairman...my mistake..

Red Light Operation = 8 Flashes
Green Light Timer = 4 Flashes
PFC Circuit Error

bigor_2
19-11-2013, 06:22 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/vq89g4bsctwwpnp/SM_ASTA18LCC_AOTR18LCC.pdf
for my exoneration:)

nzbru
19-11-2013, 07:56 AM
The error is occurring again today, I have tried to leave it off for ten minutes and tried turning it on again but it is still happening. I am checking if it is in warranty now (It is four years old and I cannot remember if I took out an extended warranty). I have rung a serviceman to come and repair it and he is wanting to charge $80 to have a look, should I tell him it is a PFC Circuit Error to try to avoid this? Thank you guys for all of your help, it is greatly appreciated.

bigor_2
19-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Pls, check wiring and power supply