what r the major differences between bearing and bushing
bcoz
here most types of air conditioner fan motor

are bearing type
while one split ac are bushing type
why they used bearing or bushing

Frikkie
17-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Bearings would usually be use in higher quality motors but bushes are cheaper. If it's a motor in a hot environment then go for one with bearings because when bushes get hot the tolerance between the shaft and the bush gets greater and wear increases. Bushes don't hold lubricant as well as bearings do which also means they fail sooner.

In the old days we used to hand make bushes for our motors from Oilite which was a special brass that had oil impregnated into it during casting process. These bushes would last for decades but alas those days have long gone, bushes today have a much shorter life span.

kefah
18-11-2013, 06:40 PM
thank u
more info

shanonmethod
28-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Bearings would usually be use in higher quality motors but bushes are cheaper. If it's a motor in a hot environment then go for one with bearings because when bushes get hot the tolerance between the shaft and the bush gets greater and wear increases. Bushes don't hold lubricant as well as bearings do which also means they fail sooner.

In the old days we used to hand make bushes for our motors from Oilite which was a special brass that had oil impregnated into it during casting process. These bushes would last for decades but alas those days have long gone, bushes today have a much shorter life span.

Hiii.. i agree with your post.Bushes are almost cheaper than bearings. :cool::cool:

hookster
28-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Although a Bush will carry a much larger loading than a bearing and it can take axial movement.
Hydrodynamic lubrication is far more effective in a bush.

A ball bearing can be subject to false brinelling. The latest common failure in ball bearings on motor shafts has been compounded with the use of inverter drives and the inducing of EDM currents, an AC induced motor shaft current.

I have noticed a lot of motors recently showing early bearing failure due to low frequency operation.

kefah
04-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Although a Bush will carry a much larger loading than a bearing and it can take axial movement.
as i know
bush for lower load
and bearing for bigger loads

I have noticed a lot of motors recently showing early bearing failure due to low frequency operation
then u advice to reuse bush instead