PDA

View Full Version : McQuay Chiller PEH 126: Tripping

anggoro
16-11-2013, 04:39 AM
Dear Fellow RE members,

My name is Anggoro from Central Java, Indonesia.

We operate several McQuay Chiller (PEH 126). I have to admit that they are not new chillers, these chillers has started their operation in 1995 - 1997. In general, they are still running properly.

However, several time we experience tripping of chiller. The message in the display is: "LOW MOTOR CURRENT". Usually, we will reset the alarm and restart the chiller without any difficulty.

I try to talk with local McQuay tech and they suspect that it is caused by power disturbances, CPU/controller failure or cable connection problem. In many occasions, I check our power monitoring system and there is no power disturbances (sag/swell etc) when it happen. Cable connection seems okey as well. So we suspect that the cause is CPU/controller.

Does anyone in this community have any similar experiences? How do you solve the problem? Will replacing the CPU solve the problem?

I will be very grateful to have any feedback and advice from any of you.

Thank you very much.

Your sincerely,

Anggoro Yudho N

redroge
16-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Is there a pcb with a row of black plug in relays on it, if so check the relay that enables the compressor

passandscore
17-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I recently had this problem on a different system and it turned out that the current transformers were weak and needed replacing.

goshen
17-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I recently had this problem on a different system and it turned out that the current transformers were weak and needed replacing.

Hi
this would seem the right course of action
good luck

nike123
17-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Dear Fellow RE members,

My name is Anggoro from Central Java, Indonesia.

We operate several McQuay Chiller (PEH 126). I have to admit that they are not new chillers, these chillers has started their operation in 1995 - 1997. In general, they are still running properly.

However, several time we experience tripping of chiller.

Is this happening on several chillers or only one?