PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Integra 40X

Beastro
15-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Hello I am new to this site and new to box truck refer units. Im a Ford technician and we had a truck came in with one of these units on it. we had to replace a damaged head on the engine and to do so we had to lift the cab. Now that the job is done the customer sayd that the refer unit dosnt work and it was when the brought the truck in. OK so this is what I know so far the Cab command dosnt come on at all so I followed that wire up to the unit, I then found wiring diagrams online for this unit I have battery power at the MP but no power coming out(stby) It says the MP has an internal 1amp fuse can this be checked by ohming the MP. Any help would be great I have to get this unit running asap. Thanks

mattym
15-11-2013, 10:52 PM
You won't have power on standby until the unit is plugged in make sure you have power to the road fuse should be labelled up FR there is a small dude inside the micro but it's a small circle with 2 pins off the bottom but I think they have something to do with the evap fans also make sure the fridge has been reconnected to the vehicle battery as sometimes they get can get overlooked let me no how you get on

mattym
15-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Have you tried resetting the cab command also I'm sure there is a small reset button in on the back of the controller

UKengineer
15-11-2013, 11:50 PM
The micro has 2 feeds the BAT feed on the m6 bolt on the font of the micro, plus an ignition feed on pin 4 of the plug on the side multiplug you need both feeds for the unit to work.
There is no reset button on the back of the cab control the button is used for configuration of the micro only.

Beastro
16-11-2013, 01:25 PM
ok so the only power I have is battery power. All of the fuses on the unit are good. I have no power at the FR wire how do I get power to it? And what do you mean mattym is the unit pluged in I have followed the wires and hoeses from the unit to the truck to see if I missed a plug when I put the cab back on but there is no plug. there is a big femal plug next to the drivers door is this used for chagrining the unit? or does the unit just need to see battery voltage and ignition to run? also can you tell me what the 3 white wires do one goes to the A/C compressor on the engine another one goes to the vehicle fuse box and the last one I actually havnt finished following because I found a break in the wire I repaired but could this be ignition feed. after I fixed the wire I tried turning the unit on but still no power to the cab command.

clivemtk
17-11-2013, 07:33 PM
fr= fuse roadside so either the 30-40amp fuse has blown or you have taken the battery cable off usally thick red wire

sonkax
18-11-2013, 06:25 PM
the white wires are marked. clhr-for compressor /ignition for ignition and yes you must have baterry + and ignition + for the unit to run

IRMechanik
18-11-2013, 09:57 PM
The ignition feed (small white wire) will come from an switched ignition power source on the vehicle. Could be anywhere, depending on who installed. Most times it's jammed in the fuse box. It will be fused with a 1a inline fuse close to the ignition source.

If you've lifted the cab, chances are you've disconnected this wire.

mattym
19-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Even with the ignition switched off you should still have power to FR because it takes a direct feed string her off the battery if you have no power either side of FR then I would almost certainly be lucking the battery connections because the fridge battery lead will have a ring crimp on I assume and make sure that is connected correctly

Beastro
20-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Just want to say thank you to everyone who replied amd helped me with this issue. After sonkax posted the white wires are marked I was able to find the ignition feed. I knew I had battery power befor and after the fuse so no issues with power. then I found out from another post he MP needs to see bat power and ignion feed so I followed the ignition feed wire and found it had broke in the casing next to the exhaust. all the white wires in the casing had been heated up and cooled so many times that the wire casing becam brittle and broke when I moved it to lift the cab. Now I don't know if this is normal but on the cab command the is an ! and the green light next to it just blinks. The unit does work blowes cold air and all the fans kick on. Just woundering if this is normal or not?

IRMechanik
20-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Just want to say thank you to everyone who replied amd helped me with this issue. After sonkax posted the white wires are marked I was able to find the ignition feed. I knew I had battery power befor and after the fuse so no issues with power. then I found out from another post he MP needs to see bat power and ignion feed so I followed the ignition feed wire and found it had broke in the casing next to the exhaust. all the white wires in the casing had been heated up and cooled so many times that the wire casing becam brittle and broke when I moved it to lift the cab. Now I don't know if this is normal but on the cab command the is an ! and the green light next to it just blinks. The unit does work blowes cold air and all the fans kick on. Just woundering if this is normal or not?

Green light flashing is normal, the blink rate will slow when it approaches setpoint.
It will blink red if there is a code set.
green=good
red=bad

IRMechanik
20-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Good find
Thanks for the update.