PDA

View Full Version : Australian fridgey looking to move the UK

mark18
13-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey Guys.

As the title suggests i'm considering getting a UK working visa and making a move to London to live for a couple of years. My question I guess is what sort of chances would I have of scoring a Refrigeration job. I'm fully qualified, mainly doing service and maintenance work on industrial (ammonia) bit of commerical, and some air conditioning work.

What qualifications are needed in the uk, would my australian qualifications be ok?

I have read something about an FGAS licence? Can anyone shed any light on that?

Any other information you think would be greatly appreciated.

Wasnt sure where to put this, hope its all good being in the general section.

Cheers

przemo2
17-11-2013, 01:18 AM
f-gas certificate price for course now is about £600-700 for 3-4 days....with that its much easier to get a job ...start to search for commercial around London ....plenty of work no engineers ...

install monkey
17-11-2013, 08:46 AM
as you have ammonia then you should be ok- good luck;)

wilko123
17-11-2013, 09:19 AM
f-gas certificate price for course now is about £600-700 for 3-4 days....with that its much easier to get a job ...start to search for commercial around London ....plenty of work no engineers ...

Never truer words spoken, lots of work.. If your a good engineer!! Try JSA Service, contact number shown on there latest advertisement, down left hand side... Majority of there work is London..