PDA

View Full Version : Lg c24awr

Peter_1
12-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Anyone has a technical manual for this split?
Someone knows the 'normal' values (ohms) of the probes of the indoor?
We have a unit running fine while cooling but in heat, lover opens and indoor fan to full speed but outdoor doesn't start at all. We suspect evaporator coil thermistor faulty.
No error codes
This one doesn't give me enough info http://www.hawco.co.uk/userfiles/MediaLibrary/ArtcoolMirrorC24S8-Chassis-ServiceManual.pdf

install monkey
12-11-2013, 06:14 PM
i have the same manual peter but found this from trolling through other lg manuals

Indoor air sensor
Normal resistor : 10KΩ/ at 25°C (Unplugged)
Normal voltage : 2.5Vdc / at 25°C (plugged)

Indoor inlet pipe sensor
Normal resistor : 5KΩ/ at 25°C (Unplugged)

Indoor outlet pipe sensor
Normal resistor : 5KΩ/ at 25°C (Unplugged)

decade box would proove operation if the sensor is faulty or giving a lower than normal output- also check both coil sensors plugged onto the pcb in the correct plug

install monkey
12-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Check Point
1. Unplug the sensor on Indoor unit PCB.
2. Estimate the resistance of each sensor.
3. If the resistance of the sensor is 10KΩ/ 5KΩ at 25°C, then sensor is normal.
4. If the resistance of the sensor is 0 KΩ or ∞, then sensor is abnormal. Change the sensor.
5. Plug the sensor on Indoor unit PCB and Power ON.
6. Estimate the voltage of each sensor.
7. If the voltage of the sensor is 2.5Vdc at 25°C, then sensor is normal.
8. If the resistance of the sensor is 0 or 5Vdc, then sensor is abnormal. Repair or Change the PCB.

Peter_1
12-11-2013, 07:04 PM
That's now the 2nd or 3rd time you mention your decade box. I will look this evening to order one.
Thanks IM

Peter_1
12-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Th esnesor measured 1.2 kohm and decreased when putting in my mouth. According to the service help of LG Netherlands, sensor must still within specs because otherwise you should get an error message. PCB thinks the coil is at a rather hot temperature, therefore opens the louver and set fan to full speed.

Tayters
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Anyone has a technical manual for this split?
Someone knows the 'normal' values (ohms) of the probes of the indoor?
We have a unit running fine while cooling but in heat, lover opens and indoor fan to full speed but outdoor doesn't start at all. We suspect evaporator coil thermistor faulty.
No error codes
This one doesn't give me enough info http://www.hawco.co.uk/userfiles/MediaLibrary/ArtcoolMirrorC24S8-Chassis-ServiceManual.pdf

Have seen LG's do a similar thing but I'm not sure about the full fan speed bit. Outdoor ambient sensor to blame. Reading too hot so unit doesn't heat as outside operating parameters.

Characterisitcs here under wall mounted fault codes: http://www.lgcomfortcooling.co.uk/technicalArchive.asp?subID=6&type=faultcodes

Cheers,
Andy.

Peter_1
13-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks Tayters, saved all these files.
replaced this morning with a Mitsubishi NTC probe of 10kohm and it's running fine now.
Talked this morning also to an LG technician: if you have normal operation in cooling mode and in heating mode full fan and louvers open but no compressor starting, almost 99% for sure the probe on the coil of the indoor drifted away but not enough to trigger an error code. Can be useful for others.