PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Inverter goes on and off in heat mode

Symphonicmind
11-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi to all,
well, I bought a Panasonic inverter a year ago model No CS-YE18NKV-6and it stoped working 3 months ago because of a bad installation, the guys that installed this let just about 1.5 meters of tube and that was supposed to be the problem why the compressor basically died...
now yesterday finally the new compressor came and now it was installed by the qualified personal, they reinstalled the tube with the 5 stock meters and put the new compressor in the unit.
Today I used it in heat mode and it works, but it goes on and off as the desired temperature is reached. Is that normal??? as far as I know inverters never go from off to on frequently. Now im not sure if maybe they installed a normal compressor instead of the inverter, i really didnt saw the part number they brought.Is it possible to put a normal compressor on an inverter unit???

Finally, when i say it goes on and of is on the inside, i really havent been on the roof to check whats happening. on the inside unit i see it is spinning but of course there is no hot air coming.

havent tried on cold mode since winter is coming.
thanks a lot

FreezerGeezer
11-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you have the fan mode set to 'off at setpoint' change it to continuous operation & that should sort it.

frank
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Or the unit is oversized so it reaches setpoint quickly

sedgy
11-11-2013, 03:29 PM
hi , have you got clean filters ?( plasma)= sedgy

install monkey
11-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi to all,
well, I bought a Panasonic inverter a year ago model No CS-YE18NKV-6and it stoped working 3 months ago because of a bad installation, the guys that installed this let just about 1.5 meters of tube and that was supposed to be the problem why the compressor basically died...

nothing wrong with a 1.5mtr piperun- ive done shorter runs and theyre still running ok

now yesterday finally the new compressor came and now it was installed by the qualified personal, they reinstalled the tube with the 5 stock meters and put the new compressor in the unit.
Today I used it in heat mode and it works, but it goes on and off as the desired temperature is reached. Is that normal??? as far as I know inverters never go from off to on frequently. Now im not sure if maybe they installed a normal compressor instead of the inverter, i really didnt saw the part number they brought.Is it possible to put a normal compressor on an inverter unit???
its impossible to fit a standard compressor onto an inverter unit- outdoor pcb moniters current draw via a ct circuit, - u cannot rip out the inverter pcb as the indoor pcb will not detect communicate-hence fault

Finally, when i say it goes on and of is on the inside, i really havent been on the roof to check whats happening. on the inside unit i see it is spinning but of course there is no hot air coming.

in heating mode if the return air causes the coil temp to drop below 28deg then the indoor fan will slow down until the coil reaches temp - the outdoor will still run to try and reach setpoint.
havent tried on cold mode since winter is coming.
thanks a lotany flashing lights on the indoor - timer,operation lights flash to indicate a fault.
finally in heating mode if its cold outside, it will go into defrost mode to clear the outdoor coil from frost build up then restart within 10 minutes

install monkey
11-11-2013, 09:16 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/58ne4p3ydt2gc97/s_ne9_12jke.pdf
click on the link for a panasonic service manual its the closest ive got to your model- page 48 shows typical temperatures on/off coil also fault codes

Symphonicmind
11-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Hi again, thanks for all your answers,
The fan mode of my unit is set to a fixed speed.
In fact is reaching the setting point and the it turns off, or at least air is not coming from the unit and the indoor fan seems to be working lower. But the strange thing is that not air is comming. I have cleaned the filters.

Basically my units seems to be working fine, or at least is since is reaching the set point ( increasing my room from 19Cto 24C), and is reaching it fast. But as far as I know, the inverter units should not turn off, thats why im concerned. I invested money to save energy, but I can be wrong and is working as is supposed to be so thats why Im asking.

I found this but I cant find any relevant information about my question =S

http://www.csportal.panasonic-la.com/descargaspla/PANAMEX/ACON.%20AIRE//ACON.%20AIRE//SPLIT%2024/CS-YE18NKV-6/DOCUMENTO/MANUAL%20DE%20SERVICIO//CS-YE1824NKV-6.PDF

sedgy
12-11-2013, 06:33 PM
if you have cleaned the filters,and its reaching set point QUICKLY, the compressor is loading fully( and if its reaching 29 c) and then turning off thats what its suppost to do , otherwise , it would get too hot , set the controller to 2 C higher than room required temp AND IT WILL REACH SET POINT SLOWER and you should hear comp slowing down as the room heats up =
sedgy

install monkey
12-11-2013, 06:43 PM
what size is the room-
how high is the unit mounted from the floor?
how much space from the unit to the ceiling
any spot lights nearby-rejecting heat causing poor control
are you using a ceiling (jungle)fan
any furniture blocking airflow causing short cycling of air?

Compressor is OFF when Intake Air Temperature - Internal Setting Temperature > +2.0°C continued for
3 minutes.

Symphonicmind
13-11-2013, 02:45 AM
if you have cleaned the filters,and its reaching set point QUICKLY, the compressor is loading fully( and if its reaching 29 c) and then turning off thats what its suppost to do , otherwise , it would get too hot , set the controller to 2 C higher than room required temp AND IT WILL REACH SET POINT SLOWER and you should hear comp slowing down as the room heats up =
sedgy

I thought the inverter units never go to off and thats the point of efficiency and energy saver.
Thats why I was concerned. The unit is reaching succesfully the set point and then turning off.

Symphonicmind
13-11-2013, 02:53 AM
The room is about 17 m2 and the unit is about 2 meters from the floor. The space between the unit and ceiling is about 20cm. Im not using a ceiling fan, no spots and there is no furniture close. The unit is running fine and reaching the set point then going off and after a while, on again, but Im kind of concerned because as far as i know these type of units dont go off and thats why they are supposed to be more efficient and more energy savers than normal minisplit. So that off time should be 3 minutes? Ill check it

sedgy
27-11-2013, 06:26 PM
hi symphonicmind,
hope you have sorted your problem out ? the main economic point about THE INVERTOR is that the compressor starts at a slower speed and as it ramps up it speeds up so if you set the temp at 29 c AND the fan speed at the max ( auto) the room temp would quickly be reached , but as the temp gets closer the comp starts to slow down , hence saving energy, as you know an electric motor takes much more amps on start up , but on this invertor, this dose not happen , I have a digital 2 point read out one one the air in , and one on the air out of the indoor unit, so I can run it economically as possible hope this helps, and please come back and tell us the result of your efforts( and ours )= sedgy

moondawn
27-11-2013, 11:57 PM
I thought the inverter units never go to off and thats the point of efficiency and energy saver.
Thats why I was concerned. The unit is reaching succesfully the set point and then turning off.

Inverter compressor will ramp up and down to achieve the setpoint. if set point is achieved the compressor will go off. the savings your on about will be when the compressor ramps down where as a normal compressor will be 100 percent on yours may be running at 50 percent for example.

cheers

back2space
30-11-2013, 03:33 AM
If its reaching set point too quickly run it in low fan speed. This will increase the run cycle and allow the outdoor unit to ramp down more.

An inverter will ramp down as the room temp approaches the set point whereas a non inverter will run at 100% output all the time until it reaches set point an inverter will go from 100% - 80% - 60% - 50% etc. They are designed to run with less off cycles but it doesnt matter if they cycle off.