PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Units

old gas bottle
05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
anyone know of high capacity oilless units yet,meaning 3/8 hose fittings, about 50kg per hour,none of theese wonder machines the size of a shoe box that do the world on paper but sod all on site,got some good recip ones but getting a bit old now, cheers.

mxstar
12-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I know of some high capacity recovery units. Got a lot of refrigerant that needs recovering?

rbartlett
12-03-2006, 08:28 PM
you need to use the old push pull to get anywhere near their figures..

cheers

richard

old gas bottle
13-03-2006, 08:01 PM
hi there,do about 600kg a week at most, mainly cabinets with 4 to 8 kg,s, use recip comp set up at present which is o/k but you get oil problems and accumilator frosting and blocking up mainley in this wheather,could do with a larger oiless type but dont know who does them, push pull is not realy practical on this type of work,we use a multi hose set up and do 8 at a time, any info apreceated.

racs
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Would this one not be sufficient?

http://www.ryanairconspares.com/index.php/airconditioning/recovery-recycling-and-service-69000-refrigerant-recovery-syste

coolman
10-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Would this one not be sufficient?

http://www.ryanairconspares.com/index.php/airconditioning/recovery-recycling-and-service-69000-refrigerant-recovery-syste

We have got these s**t things.
if pumping down liquid you will have to stay with the THING to wiggle the valve since to much liquid will kill it, once you reach gas state you will need coffee a whole lot of coffee.
O sometimes they do stop because the high pressure switch tripped, in that case you will need to take the whole unit apart to reset it.

Big advantage it is small and very light.

Victor

Andy
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi:)

I use the american Promax units, the only problem I have is some theiving sh1t stole our last one and we had to buy a new one.
Shifts a lot more than any other I can name on any mode.

Kind Regards Andy.

PS if it breaks you can get all the bits to rebuild yourself, or have it rebuilt by the manufacturer.

Kind Regards Andy:)

racs
10-04-2006, 10:35 PM
We have got these s**t things.
if pumping down liquid you will have to stay with the THING to wiggle the valve since to much liquid will kill it, once you reach gas state you will need coffee a whole lot of coffee.
O sometimes they do stop because the high pressure switch tripped, in that case you will need to take the whole unit apart to reset it.

Big advantage it is small and very light.

Victor

The compressor is also protected by an automatic low pressure cut-off switch that shuts off the unit once the recovery is complete. This AUTO SHUT-OFF feature eliminates the risk of compressor failure and reduces the user's need to monitor the entire recovery system. ??

frank
10-04-2006, 10:44 PM
The compressor is also protected by an automatic low pressure cut-off switch that shuts off the unit once the recovery is complete. This AUTO SHUT-OFF feature eliminates the risk of compressor failure and reduces the user's need to monitor the entire recovery system. ??

RACS

You sound like a salesman not an engineer?

Whats your background?

I've had one of these units and in the field they just don't add up to the advertisements. What make of recovery unit do you prefer?

racs
11-04-2006, 08:18 AM
RACS

You sound like a salesman not an engineer?

Whats your background?

I've had one of these units and in the field they just don't add up to the advertisements. What make of recovery unit do you prefer?

Morning Frank, yes you could call me a salesman but i was only trying to help, been in the industry for close to twenty years now on the distribution side. Just placed an advert on the site and thought i would back myself up with some input. I also sell the manifold sets (http://www.ryanairconspares.com/product_info.php/p/96261mb-aluminum-4way-manifold-gauge-sets-r404a-r407c-507a/airconditioning/recovery-recycling-and-service-acr-manifolds-and-service-tool)with Full 3/8" bore all the way through the block increasing flow over the standard block designs.

frank
11-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi RACS

Yes I noticed that we now have a paid advert on the forum and it seems like you have a broad range of goodies for sale. I might even send you an enquiry :)

On the forum though the Boss doesn't go too well on advertising so it might be an idea to limit the sales links.

Hope you can have some technical input though. :)

old gas bottle
11-04-2006, 06:36 PM
theese small oil less units are only good for chucking in the van and hauling up a ladder for small unit charges and engineers with loads of time, i would love one that does what it says it does, i have a yellow jacket for little jobs,thats not too bad but use the polar pump units for the biger jobs, they do work but are quite large,just thought someone might cater for us lot who have to get 50kg plus out quickly.

bobjob
13-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Re: Recovery Units

Have been using a 110v CR600 oil less recovery unit from CPS for the last 3 years without any problems but today it decides to seize up!

Only recovering R22 gas at the time so no Liquid hitting the pump.

I made a few phone calls to other engineers and they told me that they have had similar problems with the CR600 unit with the circuit breaker tripping (oil less compressor seizing)

Anyone else had problems with this recovery unit?

It cost me about £700 to buy and I understand that the wholesaler send them back to Holland for repair so for me it will not be a cheap repair.

Any recommendation for a good recovery unit ?

regards Bob

hiitsme
14-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Re: Recovery Units

Have been using a 110v CR600 oil less recovery unit from CPS for the last 3 years without any problems but today it decides to seize up!..........................................(oil less compressor seizing)

Anyone else had problems with this recovery unit?

Hi!

we use 1 of cr600e (e for 220V) and we can't kill it! (vapour, liquid, hammering noise, sometimes a little oil, hammering noise, and so on....my colleauges try hard! It has survived one of the greatest "fun" for a recov unit: liquid refrigerant+oil+water mix )

Not too long ago we bought 2 of cr700e. They told us it's better beacuse you can overhaul it in a few hours. One of them seized during the warranty period but nobody knows why. We got a new one and it works well.