PDA

View Full Version : Special requirements for Bakery

MikeyP
05-11-2013, 06:59 AM
I am looking at installing 2 off 86kW package units in a bread baking plant. Depending upon who you ask the question, I have had differing opinions regarding special requirements for these units, particularly when it comes to evaporator coil treatments, i.e. special coatings. are there any special considerations that I should look at when looking at effects that the bread components may have on the copper components in the air handling system. It has been suggested that a by product of the yeast used in the process may be problematic, leading to accelerated coil corrosion.
Can anyone give me any experienced based insight into any potential issues or design considerations......

Thanks.....

Magoo
06-11-2013, 04:32 AM
Can only suggest seriously good hepa bag filters in return air and a high fresh air make up. The biggest problem is flour dust and crud build up on coils, filter changes and coil washing probably monthly.

still learning
06-11-2013, 07:34 PM
yeast is the problem , as you say .
same as a wine store .
ive seen splits that have been used and even a cassette .
not cleaned as and when needed .
the customer was shocked when , they were told we would have to completly strip the unit to clean it as in remove it and take it away .
i did see a type of veg chiller on a farm onetime , the evaprorator had larger gaps between the fins, easier to clean .

przemo2
07-11-2013, 12:45 AM
good filters ....food industry....

Rob White
07-11-2013, 08:33 AM

There is something in yeast that reduces the life span of copper / aluminium coils.

What ever you use do not let anyone leak detect with plain washing up detergent
soapy water, the detergent has something init that when it comes into contact with
your yeast and copper, causes a reaction that reduces the life of the coil even more.

Regards

Rob