PDA

View Full Version : Daikin noisy indoor (new) fan....?

craigix
03-11-2013, 08:35 PM
The fan motor on my indoor unit (inverter) stopped working so I've replaced the fan motor, it's now working again (the old fan motor was broken, hard to turn, not smooth).

Anyhow, it's all back together but the new fan is making a loud annoying noise, almost like a vibration. The faster I set the fan the louder it gets.

I was really careful to put it all back together tight and properly, could the new fan motor be faulty or could this be a bigger issue somewhere? ie might the new fan motor fail and this sound is a symptom of something else causing an issue?

Everything rotates by hand silently, the new fan motor and the blades etc. it's only when power is applied that the noise starts and it does sound like it's coming from the fan motor.

Anyone who has seen this before or has an idea what's going on I'd like some advice please.

Brian_UK
03-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Is anything in contact with the fan blade when it's running?

Tayters
03-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Seen it before on a Fujitsu. BLDC type motor making a humming noise, fitted new one and still humming, new PCB, still humming, another new motor all quiet.

Can you try running it without then blade to rule out any inbalance if that is the noise you describe? If anything you'll be able to strip the unit down in a heartbeat by the time you've finished!

Cheers,
Andy.

craigix
03-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I did try a new PCB in it too just to see if it made any difference (it didn't).

Maybe I've just had some bad luck and got a bad fan.

I'll try getting the blade out now...

Ah, it requires the removal of the heat exchanger, this is something I'm not confident about doing.

The blade spins silently by hand when not attached and when attached to the motor anyway.

Can someone also recommend the best (cheapest) place to get Daikin spares in the UK?

frank
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM
If you shine a torch up the air outlet, with the fan stopped, is the fan scroll full of crap?
If so, you have a fan scroll out of balance.

If not, your new fan motor and fan scroll are not fitted correctly.