PDA

View Full Version : Sizing evaporator for chiller

GLASGOW_J2
28-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi,

Pretty knew to all this so wishing SOMEONE… PLEASE, might help me solve the problem I'm having. Basically I've a drinks cooler, the cooler is to hold 200, 500ml cans. The cabinet is to be a cubic shape and to be constructed of glass fibre with k=0.036W/mK, it also has a thickness of 25mm. The initial temperature of the cans delivered is 32.3 degrees celsius and they are to be cooled to 3.3 degrees celsius. Its also noted that the drinks specific heat capacity is 3.2kJ/kgk and density is 1kg/l.

My understanding is that i require a mass flow rate and the enthalpy values of the refrigerant entering and exiting the evaporator in order to size my evaporator. Anyone who could advise me further or any other considerations I should be taken would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

frank
29-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Is this a college question?

Andri
29-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Sorry for being dumb (-> me) but dont you also need the room temp as well? The outside temp of cabinet to calculate this?

GLASGOW_J2
29-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Yea it's a college question, I would appreciate any guidance in what I need to take into consideration, I apologise if I'm annoying anyone.