PDA

View Full Version : DAIKIN BSV4Q100PV Branch providers

Refrigerologist
25-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Hello chaps,

Just about to make final selection of heat recovery VRV equipment for a small office.

I would prefer to use 3No 4 way BSV boxes in place of individual ones for each fan coil.

Are these multi BSV boxes too noisy to install above a tiled ceiling in an occupied office area? (I have never used the Daikin ones before.)

Cheers

Refrigerologist

install monkey
25-10-2013, 07:22 PM
typically they can be noisy with clicking solonoids and whooshing of gas- they can be mounted upto 15 mtr away from indoors- they are usually mounted in ceiling voids- maybe wrap the bc box in insulation to reduce noise

Refrigerologist
31-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I thought there was no restriction on the distance between the BSV and the fan coil as long as the overall system pipe length did not exceed 165metres and if appropriate the liquid line was 'upsized'.

I am hoping to install a 4 and a 6 way BSV in the loft and then pipe down to the fan coils. This would avoid at least 81 brazed joints. It would mean 7 pairs of small bore pipes down a riser to the lower 2 floors, but the building is small and the total system piping length should be <140metres. The very longest run from BSV boxes to the last fan coil would be 22metres.

Other than the usual restriction of 40m or less between first refnet and furthest fan coil (as well as total length restriction) I can't find amy information that shows a limit between the BSV and a fan coil.

Maybe I just keep missing something in the literature.