PDA

View Full Version : Remanufactured Compressors/Scroll Compressor

blues1980
24-10-2013, 09:41 AM
HI All,

Please can you suggest any good manufacturer for scrolls/compressors?

Further to this if some one can shed more light on costings in comparison to new ones!

Thanks for your help!!

FreezerGeezer
24-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Why would you remanufacture a scroll in the UK?
All the thinking was it simply didn't make economic sense outside of the third world.

I have experience of remanufactured hermetic compressors - Oz knows better than the UK.
It's all bad, as in I've not yet seen one without major issues. Leaking casings being predominant, but also mechanical or electrical issues. I've even had one where we suspect the internals were basically a completely different size of compressor to what they were supposed to be.

hookster
24-10-2013, 12:12 PM
As FreezerGeezer
Says they are not economical to refurb unless very large. It is more practical to replace with new. You don't always need to go original manufacturer either. We do pay a premium in UK for parts!!:confused: in comparison to other countries.

blues1980
24-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the inputs !!!

I have just researched a little bit and have come across JE Hall which do it in UK. Has anyone used them?

Rob White
24-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the inputs !!!

I have just researched a little bit and have come across JE Hall which do it in UK. Has anyone used them?

J&E Hall are great. I have seen the facility and
it is top notch. If you get a recon from them
they are as good as a new one and the service
is excellent also.

Regards

Rob

monkey spanners
24-10-2013, 07:31 PM
It depends on the make and model of compressor, some of the Prestcold ones for example rods and cranks are unavailable.

Tayters
24-10-2013, 09:07 PM
J&E Hall are great. I have seen the facility and
it is top notch. If you get a recon from them
they are as good as a new one and the service
is excellent also.

Regards

Rob

Indeed, when I was at WR They used to get them by the bucket load. Think they cost about £750 for a ZR72. The knackered ones got sent back in return and for so many sent back (ten or so) you'd get a free one from J&E.

Cheers,
Andy.