PDA

View Full Version : WR call in administrators

careerman
23-10-2013, 01:02 PM
very sad news today WR are on the brink of collapse with the appointment of administrators.

Copperteck
23-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Let's hope a buyer comes forward

leegally1983
23-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Let's hope a buyer comes forward

Doesnt look good for them, will put hundreds people out of work, bad news

jonjon
23-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Surely the staff are entitled to tupe?

dominic26
23-10-2013, 04:23 PM
bad times just been with through it two weeks ago optimum cooling we got tupe to greenworks

NewmanRef
23-10-2013, 04:38 PM
How's greenworks going Dom? It's Robbie

careerman
23-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Project Igloo initial message to employees
Message to all staff [excluding sub contractors and agency staff] to be delivered at 10amonWednesday 23 October 2013
You will be aware that the business has been experiencing some difficulties. The directors had been in discussions with advisors with a view to selling part or
all of the business. Unfortunately, due to the actions of a major creditor this process was not concluded and the secured lender has taken steps to protect the
business by appointing administrators. EddieWilliams and Rob Hunt of PwC were appointed as administrators on 22 October 2013.
I appreciate that this is a very difficult time for you. It is important that we support them and remain professional at all times.
Message fromthe administrator
An Administrator is someone who is qualified to manage the affairs of a business when it is insolvent. It is our role to take control of a company’s affairs
when it is in financial difficulty and tries to find a longer term solution to those difficulties.
We will be exploring all available opportunities to preserve the business in some form. This may mean a sale to a new buyer, in which case, employment for
any employees who transfer is protected by law. If a sale cannot be achieved, then there may be redundancies. This is not a foregone conclusion and I would
stress that we will only make redundancies where a role has ceased to exist and where there is no other option.
There is a team at head office and there may be staff from the Administrators team at each of the locations. The administration can be broken down into 3
phases.
Phase 1. Understanding the business, which customers we can continue to work with and which suppliers will continue to work with the administrators.
There may be redundancies as a result of the conversations that we will be having with those customers and suppliers. If that is the case, those who are
affected will be notified and supported through that process.
Phase 2. Pursuing a business sale, speaking to interested parties and entering into negotiations which may lead to an offer to purchase all or some of the
business. It could be that there is more than one party that we enter into negotiations with and we may sell different parts of the business to different buyers.
Phase 3. Concluding a sale of the business or, in the worst case scenario, closing the business.
There is no fixed timeframe that we are looking at for concluding each Phase. But because of the nature of the business, it will be critical that we work as
quickly as we can to protect the contracts and the business.
We are required by law to notify the government immediately that there may be redundancies in all locations. It is possible that if customers will not work
with the administrators and if a buyer cannot be found in a very short timescale, it is possible that all staff will face redundancy in the coming days and weeks.
I would stress again, it is a possibility but one that we will be working extremely hard to avoid.

If you aremonthly paid, I understand that your wages have been paid in the usual way. This payment covers your wages for the whole of October. Monthly
paid staff should continue to report to work and undertake their usual duties.
If you are weekly paid, your wages were paid on Friday 18th October. . You are due to be paid again on Friday 25th October for work done between Friday 11
October to Thursday 17 October 2013 and we have secured funding to enable a payment to be made to you.
You may be asked to assist my team and I would appreciate your co-operation. Please continue to report through your usual line of command.
By working to your usual high standards, you can support the efforts to maintain the excellent reputation that WRR has in the marketplace which in turn will
assist my team in achieving a positive outcome for the business and for you as an employee.
Alongside our review of the financial position of the business it is important that we have the commitment from the customers and the suppliers that they will
continue to work with the Company as it is in administration. My team are currently contacting the key customers to ensure that they will pay for any work
that is done and we are looking to secure on going supply of critical supplies.
Please carry on with business as usual until further notice.
Please ensure that parts are used from existing stocks as much as possible, and minimise purchases if possible. There may be some disruption in our trading
arrangements with suppliers, this is not unusual in the current situation.
It is possible that disruption may arise in respect of fuel cards or Premier Inn cards as a result of the administration. Whilst we are seeking to ensure that
these remain operational, if anyone is in a situation where they have to pay for fuel put into a company vehicle or for an overnight expense, this can be
reclaimed through expenses. Expense claims will paid by the Company in accordance with the existing expenses policy. Please would you ensure that you
have an alternative method of funding fuel and overnight expenses just in case there is any disruption.
It is critical that we have a clear understanding of the Company’s assets and would ask that you undertake a comprehensive stock take of the contents of your
vehicle. By this we mean, a count of all spares, tools and other assets which belong to the Company. This is important to allow us to achieve maximum value
for the business but also to assess what the cost of running the business on an on going basis will be.
In summary:
Please continue to come to work as usual. The monthly salaries for October have been paid in full, and weekly wages will be paid.
If you are an agency worker or a sub contractor, you are not an employee of WRR and the information given above does not apply. The administrators
will issue purchase orders where on-going services are required. As this will form part of the payment authorisation process, it is essential that a signed purchase order is provided before works are undertaken. All subcontract and agency labour is asked to go home today and await further instructions from
your employer.
We hope to be in a position to provide staff with a further update as soon as possible. Given the location of staff, it is likely that updates may not be given in
person and could be a written update.
An email will be sent shortly to confirm this message but also to give some important information regarding the administration. If you do not have email
access and require a hard copy of this to be sent to you at home, please contact HR.
If anyone has any questions for me or my team, please would you send them via your usual line manager, through HR or through your Employment
Engagement Team representative. Questions will be collated and a FAQ circulated on a regular basis.
Thank you for your time today.
ENDS

dominic26
23-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Mr newman its going grrreat same **** different t-shirt 1 in 3 for the call-out which sucks hows work mate keeping busy ??

NewmanRef
23-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Yeah not bad mate. 1in3 nice!!!! Yeah ticking over mate. You still got same phone number?

dominic26
23-10-2013, 05:36 PM
is that your mob on that posh website of yours ill send me num over

eurocooling
23-10-2013, 06:50 PM
is that your mob on that posh website of yours ill send me num over

Does any one know how much its up for sale ? May have a intrest

richard101080
23-10-2013, 10:52 PM
£1 plus lots of debt.

jonjon
23-10-2013, 11:01 PM
I bet climate and hrp are a bit nervous.......

Copperteck
23-10-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm sure climate give something stupid like 120 days before payment. They will be in for a massive hit from this. Let's hope something can be salvaged from this for the sake of all the employees who have stuck by wr till the end! I'd really Mike to explain what happened I know that much!

hookster
24-10-2013, 07:38 AM
It was not the suppliers who drove the winding up notice it was the Vat man (HMRC)!
You have to pay your tax!:p

Sad day for a company that built its reputation from a small family business and reached for the sky.
Technicians will be ok in my opinion as there is a skills shortage in our industry and someone needs to fill the gap.

Dealing with the supermarkets is a nightmare as the buyers drive down the prices on competitive tenders and then its up to the company who win to try and deliver the service on the shoe string budget.

In house facilities is the next big thing for the supermarkets with even the delivery companies such as Stobart under pressure as the supermarkets take more of the ancillary services in house as they try to continue to drive their profit margin for the investors.

spacemanmark
24-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Sad news for WR, its employees and the industry, many people woke up this morning not knowing what their future holds, that’s not easy for anyone.

I wish everyone going through this all my best wishes and hope a resolution is found quickly.

Grizzly
24-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Sad news for WR, its employees and the industry, many people woke up this morning not knowing what their future holds, that’s not easy for anyone.

I wish everyone going through this all my best wishes and hope a resolution is found quickly.

Ditto!
Spoken with the voice of experiance eh! Mark?
Grizzly

NB12
24-10-2013, 06:15 PM
So do we think finally the contractors will stand up to the supermarkets (who are still making BILLIONS by the way) and tell them they can't work at impossibly low margins?, or will WR just be the first to fall?.

Grizzly
24-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Neil.
WR are at the end of an already long line of companies.
It's happening all over the world.
Hone your skills, keep your noes clean and hopefully someone will need you.

If you are further up the ladder then it becomes more complicated!
Grizzly

coolarse
24-10-2013, 08:23 PM
A once damn fine company to work for ran by "hard but fair people" has now finally been driven into the ground by the supermarkets and people from a whole host of backgrounds who should have no place in the refrigeration industry.!!

jonjon
24-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Surely space n Carter's will get it ?

jonjon
24-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Jones lang la sell have gone back to in house facilities management due to been peed off with fm companies

redroge
25-10-2013, 09:54 AM
What a shame but if they go under who,s going to do the breakdowns in the short term ,will the supermarkets be weeing themselves, should we all be off down to morrisons to wait for the bargins!
Perhaps the supermarkets may realise they cannot keep killing off firms by playing one against the other.In the early eighties certain supermarkets used to tell hussmanns how much they could charge and look what happened to them.

jjthefridge
25-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Crap times, I feel very sorry for all at Wr, been there, done that, got the t-shirt, hope all works out for all, but my only advise, if is does come to the point of redundancies, sign on at the job centre straight away and get whats owed to you. Don't be to prowd to say I won't do that, if you don't then well??? you're a ??????, but good luck.

j.j.

EXWR
25-10-2013, 10:58 AM
They finally got what was coming to them in all honesty. For as long as I can remember they have bought ****e contract after ****e contract. The last two years it's been run by a failed Honeywell egotistical knob who thought putting on the look what award I have won the company roadshow crap was somehow impressive. I really do hope that what's left of this Industry do what should have been done 20 years ago and tell the Supermarkets that WR have to whistle and let them struggle until they realise they don't run things. Sadly as we all know this won't happen and 2 years down the line we will be discussing another company that has gone the same way...

Kev The Tool
25-10-2013, 11:00 AM
i dont think the supermarkets give a sh*t to be honest, there will always be another WR round the corner ready to take the next step up the ladder to administration, until the industry as a whole tells the supermarkets to pay up or f**k off then nothing will change, wish all the lads the best for future!!

matt.yelland
25-10-2013, 11:01 AM
We should find out next week what the future holds for WR. Not sure if the work will go in house, Tesco Fridge aren't doing that well by all accounts. I heared that they were given until christmas to buck up their idea's. This will probably change though..... Another major player out of the game.

Ive been with WR Tesco just under a year. Have worked with and made some great friends. I wish them all the best!!!!

Fingers crossed

Simon-Austin
25-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and to be honest the industry having just joined Carters as a Recruitment Co-ordinator. It must a very bad week for all at WR, lets hope things get sorted soon, nothing worse than not knowing. All you can do is try to stay positive. Feel free to PM me I'm always looking for new info on the industry.

Cheers
Simon

careerman
26-10-2013, 01:28 AM
It doesn't matter what you think about WR or what they have done in the past concerning pricing of contracts etc.
We should all be thinking of the 600 families that will be suffering finacially now and most certainly in the near future.
I do hope that other conractors don't take advantage of the glut of engineers available and decide to take the p~~s with current wage structures or think they can get staff on the cheap. It's never good for any industry with a glut of highly skilled engineers all on the job market at once.

Don't think your boss will be understanding these days when the market is flooded and they can hire and fire at the drop of a hat knowing they can recruit a replacemnt within 24 hrs. I'm afraid all your wage rises have just been cancelled along with the extra perks you were hoping for. I spoke with a recruitment agency today and the amount of CV's hitting his desk was at a record level.

You'd better think before you start complaining about your boss thes days!!!!!

careerman
26-10-2013, 01:32 AM
They finally got what was coming to them in all honesty. .

What an absolute pathetic statement, it may happen to you Pal.

przemo2
26-10-2013, 10:57 AM
in the end it will come time that one big company will be opened to look after most supermarkets-4-5 company joined then can sit talk about new contract value !!!!engineers from other firms all talk to each other its just our bosses hate each other with no limits....
Highly skilled engineer is not some one who has only certificates in his hand ....WR engineers are one of the best on the market ,thy were doing their jobs perfectly-the problem was that some one on the line did not know how to talk with clients to get contracts going and all that pressure was wrongly put on engineers... in in worst scenario any company would like to get one of them on board ....not only because they got position to fill but most important they just cant afford to let good engineer go away to work for others....skilled trade ...one more think about that CV's hitting his desk at record level-read before say ....we had number of new staff last summer -a lot of them trying to become engineer ;they just don't,they just don't.....All the best WR...

Silhouette
27-10-2013, 11:44 AM
I used to work for T.H. Wathes years ago, before they became WR. Life was much simpler then, each depot had its own contracts locally and national accounts were handed out by Leicester branch. It worked!
Again it's the same old story, the supermarkets and their contracting strategy, we all work for companies who are trying to build and get bigger, to do this they must aquire contracts that are increasingly bigger with the end result that if they loose a large contract or it is not as profitable as they thought it would be, then the company gets itself into financail trouble!
As an industry we are underrated, we have multiskilled people working in a trade that is a necessity in the modern age, refrigeration, everyone takes this for granted! What happens when there are no more refigeration engineers because the supermarkets want multiskilled maintenance engineers not dedicated tradesmen?
My thoughts and best wishes go out to all those at WR, good luck with the future!

r.bartlett
27-10-2013, 12:48 PM
What an absolute pathetic statement, it may happen to you Pal.

you missing his main point which was a good company badly run.

CraigF
27-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Bad times at WR then. In house is the future tho, even on the HVAC side we are being asked to help refresh the skill set of the ISTs... I can see where it is leading...

Which company will be next tho...

All the best to the guys in these uncertainties.

NB12
27-10-2013, 03:01 PM
We should not allow our skills to be undervalued, as a trade our basic salary is poor for what we do compared to other trades (and it's a damn sight more academic than like a plasterer or something), and we need to work ridiculous amounts of overtime to earn a decent wage at overtime rates that have been cut due to the supermarkets screwing the contractors down. Now we are meant to show the guy who's there to clear a blocked sink or change a lightbulb how to do our job!

Grizzly
27-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Guys!
Are we not forgetting the Pain we have all been through?
How can you show someone that is not trained to the Minimum legal and Industry standard ANYTHING!
"Can you show the M&E guy how to work on a fridge circuit"
ER! NO.
Or am I wrong in thinking there has recently been 3 levels of 2079 been made the minimum legal requirement.
Get where I am going with this?
Roll over, or use your expensive training as a basis for what we all do.
As an unqualified trainer, You are leading with your chin if said trainee has an accident.
We are inundated with rules and regs, use them as the basis for your reticence.

The way to go is use your skills!
And The Industry standards!
Grizzly

RONB
27-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I think this should be a wake up call for the whole industry,including the supermarkets. Just think what the loss of a large organization such as WR might do to the industry. Yes all the engineers will still be here, but what about the loss of an exceptional group of engineers who worked very well together as a team. It takes a very long time to establish a group of engineers who know the ways of the different customers expectations. WR have this because of the wide customer base we have and the positive feedback we get from the customers speaks volumes. Not all jobs go in without problems but that is the nature of the beast. I think it will be a major blow to the customers as well as all the dedicated engineers if this organization was to end.

install monkey
27-10-2013, 09:33 PM
sad news - belfrygroup went into administration on sept 22, ive not yet recieved a penny in wages and redundancy, make sure you get the forms filled in, and any holiday entitlement owed,leau of notice of redundancy and also years served-
hope you all get paid- its worse for those who have a long service record -all that loyalty counts for f*** all
good luck chaps

sokold
28-10-2013, 02:01 AM
my 2 bobs worth......there are a lot of cowboys out there...gas and go merchants etc. customers who regularly pay top dollar for the apprentice to practice on their fridges.

This won't apply to all the guys who lost their jobs because not every one wants to work for themselves, but if you have the tools/experience/and some wheels it's possible to make a fairly decent living from commercial refrigeration.

F@** the supermarkets...they made their bed so leave them to it.

No more trackers....no more stupid uniforms.....engineers who can actually fix stuff seem to be in short supply...we've got a rep. in the catering trade of turning up to a job, slagging off whoever was there before us and telling the business owner that his problem is gonna be very expensive to fix.

As long as there's people there'll be food and as long as there's food there'll be refrigeration and if you can be better than the last mob that failed to notice the freezer didn't work because the condenser was blocked.....you're viewed as some sort of magician and the chefs tell all their chef mates to give you a call.
Like I said, working for yourself isn't for everyone, but if you already know about customer service and can troubleshoot....the work is out there.

We're lucky, a lot of jobs actively discriminate against age.....in this trade people want someone who knows what they're doing....in fact they breathe a sigh of relief when they see it's not some 20 year old wide boy wearing white reeboks with the collar turned up on his polo shirt poking a screwdriver at a contactor.

Having said all that, I've never had the pleasure of being at the beck and call of sainsbury's, tesco etc. and maybe if that's the only thing you know it's not an option to branch out into other areas, but it seems to me that you supermarket guys are clever enough to work on stuff that isn't on the end of a pack.....which you need to be pretty clever to work on in the first place !

Or you could start split bashing...(i didn't say that) We're not plumbers on here ;)

I think there's hope...that's what i'm trying to say..

careerman
29-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Tesco,Waitrose,Morrisons service and maintenance within WR has been sold to a large facilities management company saving 320 jobs.

Good news for some not sure on remaining jobs or departments at risk???????

neil
29-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Integral the buyer. 255 jobs according to the administrators, most of the jobs saved are at Leicester

http://cooling-post.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/integral-buys-some-wr-contracts.html

jonjon
29-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Integral the buyer. 255 jobs according to the administrators, most of the jobs saved are at Leicester

http://cooling-post.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/integral-buys-some-wr-contracts.html
Oh dear an fm company running a refrigeration firm

r.bartlett
29-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Oh dear an fm company running a refrigeration firm

It needs someone their size to combat the supermarkets. Of course supermarkets will just hunt out smaller companies to mug instead..

jonjon
29-10-2013, 09:27 PM
It needs someone their size to combat the supermarkets. Of course supermarkets will just hunt out smaller companies to mug instead..

They won't cope they'll have the engineers doing handyman jobs

r.bartlett
29-10-2013, 09:46 PM

The graveyard is full of indispensable men..

Not once in all the years of the trade has the failure of any one company made one iota of a difference. Read their history and see how many failed companies they absorbed before succumbing themselves.....

Originally formed as TH Wathes in Leicester, it is one of the pioneering UK refrigeration contractors.

In 1998, the Wathes company split into two independent businesses. Wathes Refrigeration became WR Refrigeration and Wathes Air Conditioning became AC2000. This signaled a series of acquisitions of well-known rival contractors – General Refrigeration in 1998, Northampton Refrigeration in 1999 and Westward Refrigeration in 2001.
WR was purchased by the Finnish group Huurre in 2004, which sparked further acquisitions – Trembath in 2005 and the UK service and contracting operations of Hussmann in 2006.

CONROD
29-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Very sad news on the demise of WR.
Why though, with the state of the retail refrigeration industry would a newbie (integral) want to enter such a cut-throat industry - if established contractors such as WR have failed, & also Cold Service who have started to pull away from supermarket service, would anyone else want to try and make a profit from it??

jonjon
30-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Very sad news on the demise of WR.
Why though, with the state of the retail refrigeration industry would a newbie (integral) want to enter such a cut-throat industry - if established contractors such as WR have failed, & also Cold Service who have started to pull away from supermarket service, would anyone else want to try and make a profit from it??

They recently won co-op group full fm but struggle to cope with boots hvac because they under cut to much. They depend on reactive work. If they run it like retail theyll sed any man and a van to hit slas.

yorkshire
30-10-2013, 01:11 AM

And how exactly will engineers be doing handy man jobs when integral don't have the contract for anything but fridge work, especially the ones on the Tesco contract?

redroge
30-10-2013, 01:11 PM
The graveyard is full of indispensable men..

Not once in all the years of the trade has the failure of any one company made one iota of a difference. Read their history and see how many failed companies they absorbed before succumbing themselves.....
Add to the list the firms Hussmann acquired, Refrigerator Contracts Ltd, Turner refrigeration, O,gormans, Prescold and Craig nicol

hookster
30-10-2013, 07:57 PM
http://cooling-post.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/integral-buys-some-wr-contracts.html#!

A number of WR Refrigeration’s major contracts have been bought by Integral, preserving 255 jobs. The exact terms of the deal have not been revealed.

r.bartlett
30-10-2013, 08:31 PM
http://cooling-post.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/integral-buys-some-wr-contracts.html#!

A number of WR Refrigeration’s major contracts have been bought by Integral, preserving 255 jobs. The exact terms of the deal have not been revealed.

I guess you haven't read the whole thread as this was posted days ago :-)

przemo2
30-10-2013, 08:49 PM
multiskilled-order some parts and leave ....

jonjon
30-10-2013, 09:52 PM
And how exactly will engineers be doing handy man jobs when integral don't have the contract for anything but fridge work, especially the ones on the Tesco contract?
They will have them go on other contracts so they hit slas

yorkshire
31-10-2013, 01:33 AM
They will have them go on other contracts so they hit slas

So you are slagging a company off for utilising its workforce (if this even happens) sounds like you are one of the fools that think you are too good to do anything other than fix a fridge. Did you use to be a miner or steel worker? So long as they guys get paid what does it matter what they have to do? At the end of it they still have a job, that is all that counts.

bill1983
31-10-2013, 08:50 PM
I would imagine that there are many engineers out there who have been through what the WR guys are going through at the moment. There are probably a lot that can point the finger of blame at the exact reason the company has failed. That is never helpful, even though it creates great gossip and rumour. What the WR guys need is the reassurance that there is a job that will get them through the next few months. I am sure that with tupe rules this will happen. I hope that the companies that are involved take the time to understand what these guys have gone through, get to know them and appreciate what they can offer. Some of the teams may get broken up initially and that's never easy, but you learn to work within new teams quite quickly. Your new companies will be different, sure, but not necessarily in a bad way. Give them time and work with them. The first couple of months may be frustrating because they won't operate in the same way as you are used to. This may be your opportunity!
Good luck to all of you

install monkey
31-10-2013, 08:57 PM
best way you can ensure u get paid- is get a solicitor to contact all employees to then they can apply for a winding up order- the higher the value of the debt the higher up the picking list- thats what ive had to do-

RONB
31-10-2013, 09:26 PM
All of us left on the WR business (not Integral)have been told to go to local office and drop off all company gear tomorrow. This looks like good bye time for a once great old company. I hope that as many of us can get sorted with a job very soon. Adios Amigos
Ron

install monkey
31-10-2013, 09:29 PM
throw a sickie- and keep ur van, unplug the tracker and tell em they can have it when u get paid

All of us left on the WR business (not Integral)have been told to go to local office and drop off all company gear tomorrow. This looks like good bye time for a once great old company. I hope that as many of us can get sorted with a job very soon. Adios Amigos
Ron

jonjon
31-10-2013, 09:59 PM
So you are slagging a company off for utilising its workforce (if this even happens) sounds like you are one of the fools that think you are too good to do anything other than fix a fridge. Did you use to be a miner or steel worker? So long as they guys get paid what does it matter what they have to do? At the end of it they still have a job, that is all that counts.

If it was utilising your workforce you wouldn't send a fridgie to unblock a drain. It grates on clients as they want first fix instead of wips. You wouldn't call a electrician to come and repair a boiler at your house! And yes I do handy man jobs so you can get off your high horse :)

RONB
31-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Might just do that. I've had no payslip today!!!!

Copperteck
31-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Ron I've had no payslip today either and I've been tuped. I'd want full pay before the van went back. At least keep enough stuff to pay your wage until you get it. Trust no one!

jonjon
31-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Ron I've had no payslip today either and I've been tuped. I'd want full pay before the van went back. At least keep enough stuff to pay your wage until you get it. Trust no one!
If you haven't signed for it take it for compensation :)

coolarse
31-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Tomorrow will be a black day for the industry, they will not be the last, 100+ years in business gone just like that, sad times, good luck to all the lads hope each and every one of you gets sorted. All the best...

chillerman2006
01-11-2013, 12:42 AM
hmmm

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?35242-integral&highlight=Integral

top engineer
01-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Just heard all the boys at wr products in swansea layed off .

racmag
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
New press release from PWC due out in next few hours, they are handling WR administration. Will post on RAC magazine website when out. Anyone else heard of any rumours on the situation, or just have comments to add as I will be putting an article together on this

Julian Milnes

careerman
01-11-2013, 01:17 PM
A division of WR saved and sold to Integral, case division Lokold South along with head office Lokold central, staff now back in employment. I think they installed refrigeration cases for Morrison and the Co-op?

neil
01-11-2013, 06:17 PM
http://www.coolingpost.com/uk-news/pwc-announces-232-wr-job-losses/

Newy
05-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know who has picked up the contracts that WR used to cover? Aside from the ones sold to Integral

Tayters
05-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Space have bagged some of the Tesco ones up North.

Edit: Perhaps not then...

scotty w
05-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Has anyone that was not hand picked (face fitted) had there last week work been payed yet ???

yorkshire
06-11-2013, 01:00 AM

i heard the Tesco side was not been touched, but that space and carters were taking over the sainsbury contract :confused:

RONB
08-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Has anyone that was not hand picked (face fitted) had there last week work been payed yet ???

Hello m8
Got payslip today. Haven't checked bank yet!!!!!! How u getting on with the new job
Ron

spacemanmark
08-11-2013, 11:41 PM

This is news to me!

Kind regards Mark

Tayters
09-11-2013, 02:15 PM
This is news to me!

Kind regards Mark

Ha, in which case I've been told porkie pies from a Space tech that he was bagging the overtime whilst they covered calls for the new stores they had from WR.
This was the same guy who was telling me about the 10" pianist mind...:cool:

r.bartlett
09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Ha, in which case I've been told porkie pies from a Space tech that he was bagging the overtime whilst they covered calls for the new stores they had from WR.
This was the same guy who was telling me about the 10" pianist mind...:cool:

How does a Space guy in Southampton bag overtime in ex WR stores up north?

Tayters
09-11-2013, 10:28 PM
How does a Space guy in Southampton bag overtime in ex WR stores up north?

Chinese whispers!
Something like covering calls for other regions whilst they mopped up the WR ones around Leicester I think. Perhaps Leicester is not everyones definition of North. ;-)

NB12
13-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Debts of £60m? That's outrageous.
https://twitter.com/thefridgehub/status/400619798448844800

r.bartlett
13-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Chinese whispers!
Something like covering calls for other regions whilst they mopped up the WR ones around Leicester I think. Perhaps Leicester is not everyones definition of North. ;-)

well to be fair there is no south in your world!

hookster
13-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Debts of £60m? That's outrageous.
https://twitter.com/thefridgehub/status/400619798448844800

News is a certain wholesaler will have to swallow £2.5m of bad WR debt.

install monkey
13-11-2013, 10:43 PM
that certain wholesaler has chased my old gaff over 1.4mill so no doubt they will be chasing WR

News is a certain wholesaler will have to swallow £2.5m of bad WR debt.

hookster
13-11-2013, 11:12 PM
that certain wholesaler has chased my old gaff over 1.4mill so no doubt they will be chasing WR

LOL they will all be chasing 10p / £ and HMRC take the biggest share of the winding up value!

careerman
16-11-2013, 12:46 PM
HMRC take the biggest share of the winding up value!

HMRC are classed as a non secured creditor so may not receive a penny just like the rest.

PWC will get most of the money, sorry will get all the money.

In my opinion the ex directors should be investigated by the DTI and disqualified from trading in the same capacity with another company. £ 60 million equates to £100 K for each employee at WR in loss woowwwww

MikeHolm
17-11-2013, 03:25 PM
what is "tuped"? never heard of this term.

install monkey
17-11-2013, 03:38 PM
get took on by the new company, on same terms of your last employment-usually its employees who worked mainly on a dedicated contract- different t shirt but the can still get rid of you after a year and you dont get your redundancy

r.bartlett
17-11-2013, 08:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_Undertakings_(Protection_of_Employment)_Regulations_2006

neil
19-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Integral have spoken for the first time since the WR acquisition. Seems they acquired the Birmingham training centre as well: www.coolingpost.com

r.bartlett
19-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Good bit of business, this will enable them to give a specialist service to the supermarkets plus all those fridges currently working on toilets and lamps can step up to the plate

RONB
20-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Good bit of business, this will enable them to give a specialist service to the supermarkets plus all those fridges currently working on toilets and lamps can step up to the plate

You never know they might be working on Transcritical Bogs!!!!