PDA

View Full Version : LIEBHERR Frost Free fridge

Lucas
03-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Got a fault code 0 on Liebherr fridge (NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE!!), can anyone tell me what fault the 0 represents? In literature there are two codes: F0 and F1 but no explanation what they represent.

Board does not seem to be operating correctly so will be sending for repair. But would be interested in the F0 AND f1 codes and what they mean. Dont want to send board off if it turns out the fault code F0 is saying probe fault, but doubt probe as control is thermostat which is seperate operating ok and temp display is working fine.

Thanks if anyone can help.

P.S if QER won't touch has anyone got a contact for supplier of LIEBHERR in UK. Tried internet but all supplies seem to be Europe based.

coolman
03-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Can you state the model and I can try to find the right manual.

If it a Liebherr with a forced cooled condensor there can be a condensor sensor.
It can be faulty or just sensing that the condensor is dirty.

Some models do have a evaporator sensor to monitor defrost.

Regards Victor

Lucas
06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks Victor,

Sorry about delay, Its a:
Liebher
Type 161614
Service No 0970576-00
Appliance No 19799.643.8

I have been to Liebherr website, but there link to UK service provider does not seem to work, so e-mailed them in Europe but yet to hear anything.

The unit does not have a force cooled condensor. I suspect there is a defrost probe on evap but not 100% sure.
Thanks

expertcat
14-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Lieberr also make the miele refrigeration range.If this fridge is like the miele unit the only things that ever go wrong is the fridge wet wall evaporater sensor.

As I work as an engineer for a miele contracter there pcbs very rarly fail.Its always there sensors.

But they mostly use thermostats and i have only seen a few of the pcb driven units and they use the same fault codes ie F1 to F8 no F0

Lucas
17-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Finally got through to Liebherr and they queried F0 fault on model unit I gave?

Definately F0 and defo right model thats for sure:confused:

Liebherr engineer says it is likely to be stat. I'm not convinced, as stat is seperate from board and operating/ voltage all ok. I even by passed stat to double check. Doubting myself now Liebherr engineer doubts fault code:D

I'm going to change air probe......why oh why do we have fault codes to help us and manufacturers cannot tell us what code represents :eek:

If any one can help

Liebherr refrigerator
Fault code: F0
Model: KIEV 2840

turbiux
09-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Can you state the model and I can try to find the right manual.

If it a Liebherr with a forced cooled condensor there can be a condensor sensor.
It can be faulty or just sensing that the condensor is dirty.

Some models do have a evaporator sensor to monitor defrost.

Regards Victor

Hy,

Just today I've got the problem with my Liebherr ICBN 30560 Service No. 708255400 display shows F2 and it stays after I turn it of and then turn on. It seems that freezer works, but refrigerator not. Maybe somebody knows how to find what F2 meens. Thanks

tonto33
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Error-code 6 series
Fridge Display
F0 Bio Fresh air sensor
F2 Fridge evaporator sensor
F5/FE EEPROM
Freezer Display
F3 Freezer air sensor
F4 Freezer evaporator sensor
F5/FE EEPROM

turbiux
13-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Thanks!
But still it is interesting after two days, when it was switched off I turned it on and it started working without any faults.

Coldshelf
30-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi there,

We have a Liebherr 09105600 Domestic fridge freezer. It stopped going down to -18 and stayed about-8 or -12. I found that the fan in the freezer had gone open circuit and when I replaced it with a new fan the freezer dropped back to -18. This was fine for a while, but as the fins behind the back panel in the freezer frosted up, the box wasn't cold enough again. As even more ice built up the fan got stuck and it was likely the replaced fan would burn out too. Back behind the rear panel there is a 170w heater to melt the frozen condensed water on the freezer fins. This had gone open circuit too. I now believe the original sequence of failures was the heater stopped working (the fins frosted up) and then the fan jammed and burned out too. I can't get a circuit diagram from Coolelectric in the UK (Liebherr Distributors) can anyone give me a look at a copy? I want to double check the replaced wiring.

Coldshelf
30-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Oops I got a typo into my first post! Our model is a 0915609-00 if anyone can help with a service manual or wiring diagram.
Thanks.