PDA

View Full Version : York Chiller YCIV0207075A HELP

Hilberto
21-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Hello..I am new to this forum so please bear with me if i make any mistakes. I have a York Chiller and this week it started with a SYS 2 Fault: High Discharge Pressure. I immediately noticed that when the compressor was beginning to ramp up at about 37% It began to shut down, I noticed also that at this stage the fans were not coming on fully, they start to spin but very slowly and not at full capacity, I believed it was a fan problem and fortunately I had 2 spares so I changed out the first one and it was the same result. What can be the problem, the book is very vague as to what to do. It obviously is a fan issue but what is causing the fans not to spin properly? Please I await your help guys. I attached the label of my chiller.

Regards,
Hilberto Riverol10845

install monkey
21-10-2013, 07:29 PM
check 3 phase available at the contactors, fuses ok
heres a few manuals
some have wiring diagrams
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rutriwxs4smwrsl/ICOM-EN-YCIV.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/42r7hqyjrxj28ap/201.23-RP1_10-07_YCIV0590_Through_YCIV1000_Style_A_R-134A.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yraf50px0cvhde9/201.23-EG2.pdf
click on links above

Hilberto
21-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Thank you. I will 3 phase at the contactors and the fuses. Thanks for the manuals. I will revise and let you know how it went.

serviceman
21-10-2013, 10:10 PM
reviews the high pressure transducer as well as the air temperature sensor outside

Hilberto
22-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Ok. I will try to explain what I did, I tried to start system 2 and at the same time I checked the 3 phase at one of the fan motors, turn out I was not getting phase in 1 of the connections, I then proceeded to check each fuse in the panel and found 1 fuse that did not have continuety. Unfortunately in Belize it is very difficult to find this type of fuse, so I decided to jump the fuse by soldering a piece of wire to the fuse and then installing it back. I tthen restarted the chiller and it started the first fan well (I smiled) and then it started the second and third fan and then I heard a loud bang or two from the second fan. ( I frowned) So I came to the conclusion that the second fan was the one giving trouble) My side man was watchign the fans the entire time and said he noticed the fan start in the wrong direction and then thats when it blowed. I then checked the fuses again and found that now 3 of fuses were blown :(
Ok so now since I know the second fan was bad I decided to change the fan to another fan, but this time i jumped the 3 fuses all together with a piece of wire, eliminating the fuse just for a test, started the chiller and all the fans came on and it started working well, now the thing is, when I turn of the system, the fans keep running, I amn not sure why, is it beacuse i have the 3 fuses jumped or is it something esle?????????????
I will have the fuses by wednesday as I am ordering them now, but any help as to why the fans dont turn off now would ibe great....Please Help guys...

HVACRsaurus
22-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Sounds like the fan contractor is welded in.

Hilberto
22-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Thank you..tomorrow when I shut down to replce the blown fuses I will check the contactors...thanks for your help...

nuwanchamara
13-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Check your DSH transducer.
Check megger test each Fan motor.

sedgy
13-11-2013, 06:39 PM
hi hiberto ,
about 200 years ago , ( the last time I worked on a york chiller) I noticed that on start up number one fan started going the wrong way ? after a few mins. it stopped and went the right way, on inspecting the wiring control found that this fan had 2 contractors the first one took the fan the wrong way until it was ready to load up.
if this is so disconnect and run on other fans , = sedgy