PDA

View Full Version : testo 905-t2

question mark
18-10-2013, 08:52 AM
hi guys,
i am willing to buy testo 905 t2 but want to know is it worthwhile getting this tool.
Thanks

Josip
18-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi, question mark :)

hi guys,
i am willing to buy testo 905 t2 but want to know is it worthwhile getting this tool.
Thanks

From my experience I can tell you that Testo manufacture quality instruments ....

worthwhile or not :confused: only you can give the right answer ....

Best regards, Josip :)

Tayters
20-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Is that the surface probe?

If so I bought one a while back as the surface probe I had was a bit cheap and came unsoldered so had to wedge it just right for it to work.

Found the 2 read the same on a pan of hot water and stuff from the fridge. Testo I would hope is more accurate over time and temperature but I don't have anything to test it against. I use it to take air temps as well - seems fine for that and reacts quickly too.
Bad points are the thing is a bit fragile so has it's own spot in the van and not with my tools. Cover that holds the batteries in doesn't stay in very well. I push it back each time or else after a while the cover falls off and the batteries ping out. Otherwise hold it in with tape but that certainly shouldn't be the case on something this expensive.

Easy to misplace the thing - lost it twice but enough searching and it showed up thank the lord! I know one day I wont be so lucky though.

Would I buy another one? Probably not. Perhaps I'd think about getting a handheld gizmo that you plug probes into instead as a bit more versatile, certainly tougher and harder to lose. Seen one fron Tenmars that takes the normal K type probes as most do, 2 channels, max/min etc...(http://www.advancom.my/tenmars-digital-thermometer-dt-80/)

It cost me about £80 from Maplins but had to do a bit of haggling.

Cheers,
Andy.