PDA

View Full Version : unlock daikin brc fcu weekly timer on vrvIII over itc

hockeyplumber27
15-10-2013, 08:28 PM
hi masters, I'm from italy and I'm new to this forum
I read a lot of awesome threads about refrigeration and air conditioning stuff, so I just wanted to ask you a question about the brc weekly timer on fancoil units into a daikin vrvIII system:
I got a daikin vrvIII system with heat recovery (reyq 3 pipes) and 8 bsv units, and about 54 fcu (with their own brc wired controller), and 1 intelligent touch controller with power proportional distribution activated (it's a centralized plant used by more clients, so the administrator wanted to divide the external units' electric cost)
everything works fine, but I can't do single time programs on the fcu brcs
when I press the menu button on the fcu brc, the timer function does not appear, so I can't create a weekly time program (as I can do for residential splits) and if a user wants a different time schedule, I have to modify the program on the itc
if I disconnect the itc, the timer appears and it's possible to do time programs, but I can't do that 'cause I have activated the power proportional distribution
so, my goal is to disable the itc program, and let every single user to manage his own timer
someone told me that this is possible by entering a code into the brc code page (for example something like the code used to select if the unit has to use the brc termistor or the one into the reprise fan of the fcu)
the brcs are 1e51a
can anyone help me, or tell me something about that, please? thanks a lot

install monkey
15-10-2013, 08:35 PM
timer schedules are done of the i touch. if u want the tennants to have a time schedule then there t1 t2 contacts on the indooor unit and entering the setting mode for restart-12-1-02 on/off operation -then fit a timeclock with voltfree contacts to open/close circuit the t1t2 connections

hockeyplumber27
16-10-2013, 11:16 AM
thanks a lot for the quick answer, i know that it is possible to add a timeclock on single units,but users don't want to have another thing to manage...the daikin csa tech showed me that's possible to do what i need by entering a code, but he won't tell me the number...and i couldn't see what code he inserted when he did that operation in another plant...:-(

install monkey
16-10-2013, 08:05 PM
u need an installation manual for the controller- its in there how to unlock the controller

install monkey
16-10-2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.gallantairconditioning.com/downloads/daikin-technical-2012/Daikin%20Controls/Daikin%20Control%20Installation%20Manuals/Daikin%20(BRC1E51A)%20wired%20controller%20Installation%20Manual.pdf
cant upload the install manual as adobe reader playing up- so heres the link

hockeyplumber27
16-10-2013, 09:23 PM
thanks again install monkey, but I already have the manual you're talking about...the function I need is not written in the installation manual...it's something that only the daikin service tech got, and it seems it's like a state secret, "if I tell you this then I have to kill you" :-) they don't want to do that because they fear too much time schedules can be overlapped and the system may have problems
I know that the itc is usually installed to manage every fcu in the vrv plant, but this creates me a big problem to do different time schedules for every user...and I can't let everyone to access the i touch and change programs...

install monkey
16-10-2013, 09:28 PM
mitsi par 30 have passwords as 9999 and 5555 as codes if it helps