PDA

View Full Version : Bif of guidance what i need to be doing

improver1984
14-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi Guys, hopefully you can direct me a bit clearer

Ive been working in the refrigeration sector for about 8 years now, i did my F gas a few years ago 2079 i believe. since this i have just left things as no real need to progress.

Im now possibly looking to change my job, and have noticed alot of these jobs require NVQ'S level 2? guess its the starting block for me.

Just interested to no what is involved in this, anyone that has been involved in it before.

Also im a bit worried about what the company i work for has to be involved with, as they dont really do things by the book to often.

Any help on this would be great.

marc5180
15-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

I passed my NVQ2 a few years back, distant learning and found it very easy.

Basically you will need to do 2 or 3 online tests (which you prepare for) to get your technical certificates and then you have to complete several work based assignments to complete a portfolio to get your NVQ

http://www.cityandguilds.com/Courses-and-Qualifications/building-services-industry/refrigeration-and-airconditioning/6087-refrigeration-and-air-conditioning/level-2

nazia
24-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Very Nice Info thanks for sharing

Tony
02-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Sorry Marc5180, that qualification has gone.

Now you have to do 8 online tests - including a level 3 electrical unit (even though the refrigeration qualification is only level 2).

There is then a work based portfolio and several in college practical exercises.