PDA

View Full Version : Daikin ITouch temperature limit settings

marc5180
13-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm hoping one of the resident Daikin experts out there can help ;)

I'm having a problem changing or even removing temperature limits on a a few indoor units on a Daikin Itouch model number DCS601C51.

Recently, we added several wall controllers to a floor and had a few comms issues because of it. After speaking with Daikin it turned out to be a problem with addressing and so they told us the settings to input in the Itouch which seemed to do the trick.

I've now returned to site to find the indoor units that have the new controllers fitted keep reverting back to a set temp limit and even if I change it under 'system' then 'zone/group list' and then 'temperature limit' as soon as I leave the menu and then go back in to check the temp limit has changed it reverts back to the original values.

Also in the Itouch higher settings under 'System set up' 'service function' 'cooling/heating selection setting' each unit says 'with' next to it but the indoor units that we are having the issue with it says 'without' under 'cool/heat opt'

I hardly ever work on Daikin Itouch's and so I'm not well up on these controllers.

Hopefully someone can advise me on the settings.

I have the manual but it doesn't help with the problem.

Cheers

The Viking
13-10-2013, 12:04 PM
What system(s) are these on?
2 pipe? 3 pipe? Several indoor units on the same BC box?

:cool:

marc5180
13-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Sorry, 3 pipe VRV3, 5 outdoors in total - REMQ16P8Y1B.

Each outdoor unit feeds 10 indoor unit x 5 floors all linked to a Daikin ITouch in the plant room.

Each of them have their own BS box.

install monkey
13-10-2013, 03:53 PM
had
an i touch where indoor temp kept changing after a few minutes- it was hooked up to a satchwell interface- when u changed the temp on a unit the satchwell pulses its own setpoint every 5 minutes- unplugging it sorted this.
duplicate addresses will also cause temp changes
schedules will only restart system in last setpoint
u got an i touch maual??
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9lsl2cthkmlbz2/i_controller.pdf

The Viking
13-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I would go all the way back to basics,

Start with checking what units the Itouch can see and has been associated with, then go in to the groups and see which units are in each group and what limit settings has been put on each unit and group.
Also check the schedules to make sure that all the functions on the controllers are enabled or allowed...

Happy hunting :)

marc5180
14-10-2013, 07:24 PM
had
an i touch where indoor temp kept changing after a few minutes- it was hooked up to a satchwell interface- when u changed the temp on a unit the satchwell pulses its own setpoint every 5 minutes- unplugging it sorted this.
duplicate addresses will also cause temp changes
schedules will only restart system in last setpoint
u got an i touch maual??
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9lsl2cthkmlbz2/i_controller.pdf

Thanks install, Unfortunately there's no external interface connected, just the Itouch.
I've looked through the manual but couldn't find any thing of any use, it's a bit of a strange one.

install monkey
14-10-2013, 07:28 PM
these additional units, are the in a group control or individual units?

marc5180
14-10-2013, 07:28 PM
I would go all the way back to basics,

Start with checking what units the Itouch can see and has been associated with, then go in to the groups and see which units are in each group and what limit settings has been put on each unit and group.
Also check the schedules to make sure that all the functions on the controllers are enabled or allowed...

Happy hunting :)

Thanks for replying Viking,

I've spoken with Daikin today and we went through the ITouch settings and they also couldn't find anything wrong yet the temp limit is still activated. I'm expecting them to ring me back tomorrow hopefully with a solution.

marc5180
14-10-2013, 07:30 PM
these additional units, are the in a group control or individual units?

They are in a group, 5 of them.

install monkey
14-10-2013, 07:45 PM
and 5 individual remotes- 1 for each- quick way is take em off the group as individual units, check all your other groups on the original systems as if you have 1 new indoor unit assigned to 2 groups then that will cause ur problems

marc5180
14-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah this is one of the things that Daikin had me checking today, making sure that the individual addresses hadn't been duplicated when I added the 5 wall controllers.

Unfortunately not:(

install monkey
14-10-2013, 08:27 PM
is it just 1 unit thats changng temps or all 5- give the unit a daft address like 5-10 so theres no way it can be duplicated- u tried u tried unpluggin a sensor on the indoor to generate a fault on it to ensure the i controller is indicating the correct address is in fault