PDA

View Full Version : New Fujitsu Luca Series, buy or no buy

authentic
12-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi, i am new at this forum. I am from Holland.
Because here, air conditioning isn't big in most homes, i couldn't find Dutch forums.
So i came on here. I have been reading quite a bit and have come to some conclusions for my self.

Daikins although are number one for a lot of people, they don't seem to be the best built always and service isn't great. So i don't want to buy them. I also read about ticking emura's when they are off...

Mitsubishi seems to be one of the best and has good after service.
I like the Zen series of the Electric, but they are expensive. 2100 euros installed for a 3,5kw model.

The heavy models are really ugly and have extremely dated remote control and no week timer.

So i was looking further. And came across the new Fujitsu Luca Series. The rsw-9lu to be precise. Extremely good looking i think. Week programmable. And Cheap. about 1100 euro's not installed.
http://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/products/177/air-conditioning/designer-range/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zupLk33Gjs

What do you guys think of Fuji's. Please if possible, someone who has sold and installed them. Are they well built? They are also Japanese, so i would think they should be fine, but i have no experience, other then my amazing ix500 scansnap scanner.

My main reason for buying one is, heating. Gas is expensive and i have installed a solar system with 15 panels, which is sufficient for my use. And if i would use electricity to heat in the winter, i could save a lot on this besides not paying electricity also.

These above are my opinions, but i would like to hear what your experiences and thoughts are.

Thanx very much!

al
13-10-2013, 01:05 PM
I've installed Fugitus for a while, gone back to Toshiba and Daikin now, the Fugitsu never gave me any warranty issues, good prices and good technical backup. Maybe members more local to you would have some opinions, but for me the most important would be the installer rather than the machine.

alec

MikeHolm
13-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Al, then why go away from the Fujitsu?

al
13-10-2013, 07:15 PM
No local dealer, wholesaler is doing Daikin and can price copper etc for job, more room for discount, which ultimately helps Al keep the fridge full of nice beer:))

alec