PDA

View Full Version : Calculate the required airconditioning system of a building office space

mr.cool24
12-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Hi! I need help in calculating the requirement for airconditioning of an office building with a size of 3200sqm.

Can somebody tell me where to start my calculation and what are the factors i need to gather so that i can get the result? How can I compute for the total BTU/Tons that is needed to cool the given area.

Thank you and hoping to have a help from the masters.

r.bartlett
12-10-2013, 10:17 AM
m2 x .15 or 480kw as a rough guide...

frank
12-10-2013, 11:37 AM
CIBSE 'Rule of Thumb' is 125w/m2 = 400kW

The Viking
12-10-2013, 01:13 PM
USofA,
Now that is a big country and your result will differ depending where you are, North Dakota will get a completely different result than Texas...

Another thing that will have an impact on the duty required is how densely populated your office is and how much equipment you will cram in to it (4 high-tech computers can give of as much heat as a domestic radiator).

As stated above, the rules of thumb put you somewhere between 100 and 150 watt per square meter. North Dakota will be around the 100 w/m2 and Texas in the 150w/m2 range. But if you got a lot of people or computers in there you will need more cooling.

:cool:

moideen
12-10-2013, 01:42 PM
I think the thumb rule can consider for smaller area heat load calculation.3200square meter required proper calculation using all building inputs such as whether data, internal heat gain, wall transmission load, orientation, roof exposure details, floor data…etc. now some software’s for load calculation. I suggest widely using software -CARRIER HAP ,

r.bartlett
12-10-2013, 02:03 PM
CIBSE 'Rule of Thumb' is 125w/m2 = 400kWcolder t'up north :D

mr.cool24
12-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone! by the way my project will be built in asia, Philippines, where the weather is fair(not cold or hot).

Mr. Moideen, how can i compute those factors that you are telling? do you have any recommended material that I can read for proper computation of load? can I find it over the internet? my plan is to prepare two kinds of computation, one is using the rule of thumb and the other is the one that you are telling...Thanks again guys!

moideen
12-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone! by the way my project will be built in asia, Philippines, where the weather is fair(not cold or hot).

Mr. Moideen, how can i compute those factors that you are telling? do you have any recommended material that I can read for proper computation of load? can I find it over the internet? my plan is to prepare two kinds of computation, one is using the rule of thumb and the other is the one that you are telling...Thanks again guys!

Rule of thumb will not be approved by local municipal authority. To get the authorized sanction/approval, you should submit the professional data which I stated above. I think HAP is not available in internet, check with your nearest carrier office. If you want I can send you a sample report of heat load calculation with using hap software.

install monkey
12-10-2013, 08:34 PM
any big installation
its best to get the manufacturer to spec the equipment capacity as then the owness is on themselves, so its in their interest to correctly select the correct equipment

r.bartlett
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
any big installation
its best to get the manufacturer to spec the equipment capacity as then the owness is on themselves, so its in their interest to correctly select the correct equipment

no this isn't correct, all a/c manufacturers deny any liability check the T&C's.

install monkey
12-10-2013, 09:24 PM
but they should be able to spec correctly sized equipment

no this isn't correct, all a/c manufacturers deny any liability check the T&C's.

r.bartlett
13-10-2013, 06:11 AM
but they should be able to spec correctly sized equipment

They use the R.O.T method!

mr.cool24
13-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Wow! too many things to know..Mr. Moideen, Im glad if you can send me a sample report..thanks!

Please download my vCard for my e-mail address. Thanks again.