PDA

View Full Version : Leak on Frick RWF

Frigoriste
10-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Hello!

My client has 2 Frick RWF134 compressors running with R22. We are not a Frick official dealer so we don't have support from them... obviously.

My client has a strong conviction: No R22 leak, never. So a 1 pound/year leak needs to be fixed. We are ok with it and for the last years, we did a good job on leaks. But now, we have a leak that cannot be fixed easily.

We realized that both compressors are leaking from a hole on the side of the compressor(see picture). This is a manufactured hole, running through the casing. I looked on many pictures of this compressor model and they all have this hole. It would be easy to block this hole to fix the leak but, without knowing why the hole is there, I would be unprofessionnal. And we don't like the idea of opening the compressor for a small leak without having an idea where the leak could come from.

Anyone as an exploded view of this compressor or even better, someone who has faced this kind of leak and fixed it "easily"!

Grizzly
10-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi Frigoriste.
I would say at first guess its a Guide dowel hole.
Most covers like the one shown normally have a pair of guide dowels to assist alignment.
Is there a corresponding hole on the opposite side?

When the 2 castings are being bolted together.
I will see if I have anything that will confirm this?

Grizzly

josef
10-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Frigoriste Hi, I am afraid that you will have to change 2-4 Oring, if you give me the exact model compressor will write you what size ring you need (HNBR!!) And I will steer to fix the problem without do-not big intervention, regulation weighs a lot, need a crane.:)

Josef.

Grizzly
10-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi Frigoriste.
I would say at first guess its a Guide dowel hole.
Most covers like the one shown normally have a pair of guide dowels to assist alignment.
Is there a corresponding hole on the opposite side?

When the 2 castings are being bolted together.
I will see if I have anything that will confirm this?

Grizzly

check out the above.
The dowel can have a smaller threaded hole through it to enable its extraction and replacement.
They are smaller in length that the total castings thickness, so if you use a smaller diameter rod.

You may well find it bottoms out partially through said hole.

What Josef is saying makes sense, basically the O ring seal is passing and the gas is leaking through the dowel pin hole!
Grizzly

josef
10-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Grizzly, the problem here and bearing cover.

josef
10-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Many problems with female cover (right cover)-does not stop traveler, then you must change the O ring on the regulation.

Frigoriste
10-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Hello.

Thank you for your replies Josef and Grizzly! It seems that I will have to change these orings on both compressors RWF134F. Josef, please give me the oring size. I would really appreciate it.

josef
10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
OK, RWF 134 the compressor SGC 1918, check the label compressor you buy O-ring from the Frick will send you the part number you buy O ring from another manufacturer-'ll send you size.

Josef.