PDA

View Full Version : Daikin EEV Control

Synewave
04-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Hello all,

I'm working on a Arduino based controller for Daikin ducted splits. I want to bypass the PID control on the unit so I can tune my controller very precisely, is there any way I can control the EEV and compressor speed from an Arduino or other microcontroller? I think I can control the other parameters such as fan speed and mode ok. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm 19 and only been working as a AC engineer for a year!

Thanks in advance.

install monkey
04-10-2013, 06:58 PM
for precise temperature control your better off with a fan coil unit with chilled water as you can control more accurately- mauling with any manufacturers controls would invalidate any warranty- if you dont blow anything up- thats normally what happens with me- why are you looking for precise control?

Synewave
02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks install monkey,

I'm not worried about any warranties, and I don't want to go for chilled water. The application is for a conference room. We have fitted ducted units in similar applications and the temperature is not stable in auto mode. Does anyone know how Daikin ducted units communicate with the outdoor unit through a 4 core interconnecting, I am assuming that there is live, neutral and earth and comms so how does the indoor unit control the eev and compressor down 1 wire?

thanks

airbravo
18-12-2013, 05:52 PM
If there's 4 core is not VRV so EV is at the outdoor unit. If the temperature is not stable is because the temperature prove of the indoor unit. Just try to put it in a better place to measure the temperature of the room. If not possible, rewire it and put it down into the room. There's an accesory call KRCS1-0x that is a 12m prove.

Ian21081974
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi

If you have fitted ducted units and you are measuring the return air temp above the ceiling they won't work well and hum around.
Best thing you can do is drop down a remote sensor
Also you can go into the service settings and switch off the return sensor and select the hard wired controller for return temp
Also some equipment allows you to adjust the differential to give you a tighter dead band
Hope that help and makes sense

Ian