PDA

View Full Version : cellar cooler with a/.c condenser

rbartlett
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
I know we've covered this before but now I've actually got to sort out one so I need a 3.5 kw a.c non inverter condenser on 407c

I don't seem to be able to find one as they're all 410a now and I don't fancy a fridge coil on 410a just yet!!

Anyone got an idea of who does a cheapie and is available?

Cheers

Richard

Brian_UK
01-03-2006, 06:28 PM
How about a Marstair MCU+30 ? or a Hicool HCA12C (£349)
How little do you want to spend?

rbartlett
01-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Brian

I don't want to use a 'proper' cellar cooler as the noise is a real factor as it's residential.

I will look at the high cool (which is Climate center isn't it?

Cheers

Richard

Andy
01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi Richard,
hycool is a York product made in Maylasia. Copeland scroll compressor. We use them on Unico units on the Thermosavesystems, back up heat and summer cooling.
Well engineered. Heat pump models, come out of the factory with the defrost probe fitted in the wrong spot, wrecking the fan blades, but you won,t have this problem in a cooling only unit.

Kind Regards. Andy:)

slingblade
01-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Brian

I don't want to use a 'proper' cellar cooler as the noise is a real factor as it's residential.

I will look at the high cool (which is Climate center isn't it?

Cheers

Richard

Daikin is cheap and nasty from what ive seen. B & Q do some real crap if thats too dear.

eggs
01-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Richard, have you tried the new "J&E Hall" units or the "Quietis" range from Thermofrostcryo ?
I use both of them regularly and find them as quiet as or even quieter than AC condensing units.

They can both be run with 134a, 407c or 404a. Give them a try if you havn't already.

cheers

eggs