cases are hot gas defrost
oil sep is a turbashed with oil diff valve
using artic 22 and having oil problems
losing comps every 3/4 months
report from comp guys starving oil in comp:rolleyes:

Latte
28-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi Jockfrost,

First of all, can you give us any more details about the pack ?.

Hopefully you are not going to say its a Linde pack in a Co-op store otherwise you could be in trouble !!!!

R408a (FX10) officially can use 50/50 mineral/AB (Shell SD), A/B or Polyolester.

I Assume you have done so already, but if not change the oil in the pack and make sure all the strainers are clean. Change the core driers, you don't need much #### in there to cause a blockage.

Some packs however DO need a certain type of oil and the wrong one will cause more problems than you think (Linde being one hence i mentioned it)

Post some pack details and let us know how far you have got

Regards

Fatboy

tonydeith
28-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi jockfrost,
can you also tell us what controlls the oil going to the compressors other than the differential valve fitted on the line out of the turoshed, which probably means that it is a hussmann pack possibly of the super plus type, not many around now.:eek:

Are you losing compressors on all packs or one in particular?.Is their a constant level in the turboshed or is it that old that you cannot see the level in the sightglass, does it appear to be separating?. I know these are basic questions but just thought i would ask.

jockfrost
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
which trade name oil should i use and will it affect valve seals etc.

some one suggested shell sd or 3gs