PDA

View Full Version : DRIVING FOR WORK? This could happen to YOU!

Grizzly
26-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi Guys!

The below is a extract from a company newsletter, (Some details removed to comply with the Authors wishes!)

This is a real event and a recent one at that!

an employee wrote the following extract to his colleagues following a near miss incident which brings with it a sense of reality of the dangers when parked roadside, as a reminder this alert has been produced for wider communication as a lesson learnt for all…

“As you may or may not know yesterday, I “wrote off the pool car”. I had been working at *** ***and was on my way home, using the A303 dual carriageway, at 16.30, four miles from Stonehenge my front nearside front tyre blew. I pulled over, put on hazard warning lights, turned off engine and LEFT THE CAR, going up embankment, even though it was raining.
I phoned the auto-lease company to arrange for the RAC to come and change the wheel, they said about 45 minutes to 1 hour, fortunately I stayed OUTSIDE THE CAR in the rain up the embankment, as about 25 minutes later a Fiat Ducato (white van) ploughed into the back of the stationary pool car (with its hazard lights flashing), doing about 70 MPH.
The car as you can imagine was “not so healthy”, I however was wet but OK. The policeman who came said to me “Sir, you made the correct decision, as if you stayed in the car or were changing wheel, best case scenario you would be in intensive care, worst case scenario you would not”.
Please take note from someone who had a near miss, if it happens to you
“GET AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE TO A POSITION OF SAFETY, THE VEHICLE IS ONLY MONEY, YOU ARE NOT”
**** ******* (lucky person of the week)

Worth posting I felt!
Grizzly