PDA

View Full Version : malware

install monkey
22-09-2013, 01:27 PM
when logging in to RE morning using google chrome- it warned me of malware and didnt want me to access site- i selected continue at my own risk

r.bartlett
22-09-2013, 02:17 PM
we were hoping you wouldn't :-)

Peter_1
22-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Same problem here I.M.

Printscreen from my Antivirus

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for ryjkoldtghys.compress.to

What is the current listing status for ryjkoldtghys.compress.to?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Google has not visited this site within the past 90 days. Suspicious activity was detected over 90 days ago, but no data is available for the past 90 days.
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, ryjkoldtghys.compress.to did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

URL found in the database.

install monkey
22-09-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=516379

MikeHolm
22-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I didn't get it. Don't use Chrome

Jeremy Martin
22-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah, just got that here. Server hacked? Could be a bad ad, too.

moideen
23-09-2013, 03:41 AM
i had have also same problem.now it is ok.

C Bagtas
23-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Same of my apple computer, But in my samsung tablet its been ok.

Peter_1
23-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Indeed, problem is gone also for me? Both Chrome and my Kaspersky antivirus detected the same problem

mikeref
23-09-2013, 09:06 AM
when logging in to RE morning using google chrome- it warned me of malware and didnt want me to access site- i selected continue at my own risk
Yeah. Walked in for my morning browse and.....:confused: Think i'll move on.
On some other site a few days ago i had an unexpected message from "The OZ Federal Police" saying they had seized my browser and encrypted my files etc. The funny thing was, if i sent them $300 dollars, they would set me free.:rolleyes: Reboot. Bye:p

NH3LVR
24-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Have been seeing this from Avast the last few days on Firefox.
Also getting numerous warnings on Internet Explorer

Infection Details

URL:
http://www3.y-1zvi9gqmq1r0d.4pu.com/?jhn...

Process:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox...

Infection:
URL:Mal

MikeHolm
25-09-2013, 12:42 AM
I just got it again, third time. Same as NH3LVR message.

WebRam
27-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes, we are looking into why this is happening, sorry

gravy258
28-09-2013, 01:45 AM
still happening with me on mozilla with google search engine, only started this yesterday ?

moideen
28-09-2013, 07:46 AM
yes again still happening.last two days i could not open this page.rightnow i skip the malware threat , i dont whether it damage my computer.

WebRam
29-09-2013, 12:20 PM
MALWARE. The reason the www.refrigeration-engineer.com (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com) is sometimes being blocked or triggering your warnings is due to some members who have attached downloadable files that ARE MALWARE. As a result of this, RE will now revoke anyone's status that attaches files for download.

moideen
30-09-2013, 05:24 AM
MALWARE. The reason the www.refrigeration-engineer.com (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com) is sometimes being blocked or triggering your warnings is due to some members who have attached downloadable files that ARE MALWARE. As a result of this, RE will now revoke anyone's status that attaches files for download.
hi webram, have you solve the issues.because still been happening if i open each page.now i select in chrome "proceed anyway" option.please do the needful.....

WebRam
30-09-2013, 06:01 PM
we are trying to track down the files that have been attached, just don't down load ANY file from an attached post.

Grizzly
01-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi Webram.
I don't know whether it is relevant but whenever I hover over the non functioning back button.
I get an spurious http address that is most definitely spam linked.

Grizzly

WebRam
01-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi mate, yep, that's been noted, we are working on the site at the moment

WebRam
01-10-2013, 10:34 PM
The site has been fully scrubbed and cleaned (notice the shiny bits)
I might take a day or two for the warning signs to be removed by Chrome and Firefox but the site IS CLEAN. We have added more security but all we can do is hope and try and keep on top of them. Thanks for sticking with us.
AND a big thanks to Michael Miller Jr from Innovation By Instinct, LLC. for getting us through this. I can highly recommend him and his services.

Brian_UK
01-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Well done boss.

Grizzly
02-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Looking good this end!
Grizzly

hyperion
02-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Thanks WebRam for the hard work, much appreciated.

chilliwilly
02-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Finally managed to log in.

Cheers.

PaulZ
02-10-2013, 11:53 AM
No warning when I logged on today.
Paul

moideen
02-10-2013, 12:12 PM
yes ,now it is ok.thank you web ram

install monkey
02-10-2013, 05:25 PM
that could be classed as advertising- but as its you i wont report it!:)

The site has been fully scrubbed and cleaned (notice the shiny bits)
I might take a day or two for the warning signs to be removed by Chrome and Firefox but the site IS CLEAN. We have added more security but all we can do is hope and try and keep on top of them. Thanks for sticking with us.
AND a big thanks to Michael Miller Jr from Innovation By Instinct, LLC. for getting us through this. I can highly recommend him and his services.

install monkey
02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
my bets was it was that fridgy at the scottish biscuit factory!!!- :o

WebRam
06-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Lol ....................................... :)

that could be classed as advertising- but as its you i wont report it!:)

wizarddrummer
19-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Stuff happens. I was getting the proverbial malicious code when I accessed the site a few weeks ago using Firefox. Having already been to this site I knew that it wasn't a real problem because I knew that any malicious code was not from the site originators.

Google is not always right. And don't get me started on Google I think that they have singlehandedly ruined the World Wide Web (the Internet was here and working long before www and Google) but that's a very big discussion for another forum.

Next, in these times, especially with large complex sites it's not impossible for some kook to put malicious code into a site. I've never been a fan of Javascript or other methodologies because it is a client side (processor stealing, open the back-door to your computer) process.

I've designed and operated several websites. I use minimal gee whiz programming, minimal Javascript. The only Javascript I use is typically a third party weather display or a page hit by country insert. I rely on PHP to do any processing and I keep that to a minimum using it only for trans page navigation.

That being said, it's very difficult for a web master on a busy site to even be aware that there is a problem. some sites can have, literally millions of pages and that, by anyone's definition is a lot to keep up with.

For the users, the first line of defense is...
1) NEVER USE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER - ANY VERSION OF IT!
2) I recommend using Firefox and installing two options that work for me:
a) NoScript - my first line of defense. It is a addon that selectively discriminates the various snippets of Javascript that a site wishes to run (this site has 6) for the site to function. You would be amazed at how many of these scripts there can be on a single site. I've seen as many as 27 scripts on a single page.
b) Addblock plus - kills most of the annoying popup adds (many of which can try and download bad javascript) that appear on sites.

So that's it, this site is safe as far as I can tell.