PDA

View Full Version : IM's Bad News Day - Monkey Escapes from the Zoo

install monkey
19-09-2013, 05:16 PM
never get crap on facebook-oops forgot- i get birthday notifications!! :D
just anypost that is irrelevent or has a hyperlink to a company- i report them all-
just having a bad day grizzly- company i work for has just gone into administration- been there 10 yr , found out by letter this morning-after id left for work- and they want the van back on monday- thinking of keeping hold of it so they can collect it themselves:o

Hi IM.
I just know this is winding you up!
Please say it is!

Is this a sales forum now, because if so "I'll get my coat"

Grizzly

Grizzly
19-09-2013, 05:24 PM
You go for it my friend!
That's a complete bummer.
Twice that's happened to me, both unexpected and out of the blue!

If it's any consolation both times, eventually things were for the better.
It sure doesn't feel like it at the time though!
Just think!
All that new plant you will be able to quiz us all on!
Cheers Grizzly

install monkey
19-09-2013, 05:27 PM
got interview tomorrow, must remember to wear me lucky undies!!! haha

joe-ice
19-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear your bad news hope things work out for the better

Brian_UK
19-09-2013, 10:16 PM
We had a thread which was based on spam which was deleted but I wanted these posts back in the open.

Hope things turn out good for you IM.

install monkey
19-09-2013, 10:20 PM
glad to get out the s***hole- poor management,bosses family as staff doesnt help, and as a famous sparkie once "said you get a brew in prison!"

got 2 interviews tomorrow

as a last resort i remember frank offering me peanuts to work for him! :o

install monkey
19-09-2013, 10:46 PM
maybe the post should be renamed as -monkey escapes from the zoo!:D

Brian_UK
19-09-2013, 10:49 PM
glad to get out the s***hole- poor management,bosses family as staff doesnt help, and as a famous sparkie once "said you get a brew in prison!"

got 2 interviews tomorrow

as a last resort i remember frank offering me peanuts to work for him! :oIs that salted or chocolate covered?

install monkey
19-09-2013, 10:53 PM
prob dry roasted but with all the flavouring removed but with the scent of harvest pale!:D

eggs
19-09-2013, 10:54 PM
does that mean the Salix contract is up for grabs? :D

eggs
19-09-2013, 10:59 PM
on a serious note...if your any good on daikin water cooled VRV kit I can find you something to do next week.

Tayters
19-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear your news but sure hope things will turn out alright in the end.

Dr Tayters prescribes nobbling as many tools from the van as you can, arm yourself with the contacts list and Imodium and seek self employment.
There's an aquarium on the blink London way, a freezer that needs slowing down nearby and I'm not sure if the K20 ice maker is running still, could do with a condensor clean by now at least.

All the best,
Andy.

install monkey
19-09-2013, 11:02 PM
never worked on watercooled vrv- done vrv2,vrv3,happy to fault find on anything,as long as i have a manual;) - buggers want the van back at 9am monday, obviously ive cleared out the goodies to ensure i get paid.

on a serious note...if your any good on daikin water cooled VRV kit I can find you something to do next week.

hookster
20-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Good luck with the interviews, just don't mention this forum you probably slated your next "Boss" on his posts!!!
:D

chemi-cool
20-09-2013, 08:44 AM
looking at it from the bright side of life, stop looking back and feeling miserable, you know your skills, go out and get them!!

One advice though, Listen carefuly before you make a comment!

I know that in no time you will be on the horseback again.

FreezerGeezer
20-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Bummer IM.
It's happened to me a couple of times now. It's quite a stress at the time, but so far I've been lucky & ended up somewhere I've enjoyed working.
Good luck, not that you'll really need it.

Only piece of advice I can offer is to go with your gut. If you've done your homework it'll tell you which is the better offer. ;)

install monkey
20-09-2013, 12:32 PM
cheers guy's- had 1st interview - similar basic with possibly reviewing after a trail period package to what i was on, got another interview with mates firm later all being well- same money but no 1.5hrs a day charity work so at 14quid an hour x5 days x48 weeks equates to an extra 5k for getting outta bed.

install monkey
20-09-2013, 02:38 PM
got a job-woo hoo!!

hookster
20-09-2013, 03:30 PM
:cool: how is your new van?

install monkey
20-09-2013, 04:02 PM
not got van yet waiting on contract and start date, may have to go head office to collect it-maidstone!! haha- they say its gonna be a vw caddy- compared to the vw crafter i have to returnn on monday- usual perks- tracker! haha, probably stickered up like a rally car too

monkey spanners
20-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Yay! Use the crafter to collect the caddy! Bet they didn't say which office you had to return it to.....

marc5180
20-09-2013, 06:11 PM
not got van yet waiting on contract and start date, may have to go head office to collect it-maidstone!! haha- they say its gonna be a vw caddy- compared to the vw crafter i have to returnn on monday- usual perks- tracker! haha, probably stickered up like a rally car too

I've only just read this IM, I was about to say sorry about your job but then I read this and now your back in work!!

Where have you gone to if you don't mind me asking? I might be joining you soon the way our company is going.

install monkey
20-09-2013, 06:17 PM
rainham group in bolton, they got a main office in maidenhead,just setting up here, they took on 6 lads already- so will see how it goes

I've only just read this IM, I was about to say sorry about your job but then I read this and now your back in work!!

Where have you gone to if you don't mind me asking? I might be joining you soon the way our company is going.

marc5180
20-09-2013, 07:26 PM
rainham group in bolton, they got a main office in maidenhead,just setting up here, they took on 6 lads already- so will see how it goes Hopefully you don't get your head flushed down the toilet being the newbie :D
Good luck, hope it goes ok.

cooltools
20-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Well done !!!!!!!!

Brian_UK
20-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Well done Monkey, good news about the new job.

(OT) We've just trackers fitted, oh joy, Guvnor was a bit concerned this afternoon as I sat in the van talking to him. He checked my location and found that I was doing 140k down an autobahn in Germany. Just love accuracy myself, but heh ho.

1mikeefc1
21-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Sorry to hear your bad news but congrats on the new job hope it all works out for you.

install monkey
21-09-2013, 11:21 AM
going in here blind- dont know anything about em ,but as long as money hits me bank and ive warned them about my overtime habit- so they know what animal theyre taking on!
and i will be taking piccys of defects,rough workmanship

Sorry to hear your bad news but congrats on the new job hope it all works out for you.

marc5180
21-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Do you get redundancy pay from Belfry? Or does it not happen if the company goes into administration?

Hopefully so if you've been there 10 years?

install monkey
21-09-2013, 01:59 PM
currently- im entitled to notice of redundanct which is 3mths pay (basic and taxable) also unused holidays which is 1.75days from april - 9 and a bit days plus the 3wks pay for this month-no doubt the overtime wont get paid and the 10yr service is 10wks pay capped at 450quid per week - so all in all about 8-10k if theres anything in the pot-gotta claim it off government

chilliwilly
21-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your circumstance mate, anyway one door closes another one opens.

Onwards and upwards mate.

desA
21-09-2013, 03:00 PM
All the best in your new gig... bottoms up...

marc5180
21-09-2013, 05:50 PM
currently- im entitled to notice of redundanct which is 3mths pay (basic and taxable) also unused holidays which is 1.75days from april - 9 and a bit days plus the 3wks pay for this month-no doubt the overtime wont get paid and the 10yr service is 10wks pay capped at 450quid per week - so all in all about 8-10k if theres anything in the pot-gotta claim it off government

Hopefully you get it all mate, that will be a nice sweetener if you do.

What about you lad? Has he managed to find somewhere else yet?

install monkey
21-09-2013, 07:05 PM
lads got cv's out everywhere- hes in his 4th yr, got his 2079 he's done his level 2 air con fridge started his level 3 but 4mths into the course they cancelled it as people dropped out, so he started a 2yr sparky course but he needs to work with a company who does sparking- also as he's passed his driving 12mth ago he was used as a gopher- gopher suppliers and deliver this- so his hands on experience isnt the best, he can carry out maintenances on splits ok but fault finding/repairs he's gonna struggle.
he's got 2 days work next week for cash with the possibility of getting took on,
also i took details of service contracts so if my new gaff isnt interested then i will forward the details to his new company

Gibbo
22-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Feel for you mate and as Grizzly has said its not a nice feeling when it happens been there myself.
Hope the new job works out ok for you.
Times are tough out there and many companies are struggling and redundancies are going to continue for some time.

install monkey
22-09-2013, 07:11 PM
cheers gibbo- just need to get me lad sorted somewhere- never been any good at interviews, but was just a general chat and got it- so new t shirt, new contracts, new boss- knowing my luck they have pink vans!:p

r.bartlett
22-09-2013, 08:07 PM
cheers gibbo- just need to get me lad sorted somewhere- never been any good at interviews, but was just a general chat and got it- so new t shirt, new contracts, new boss- knowing my luck they have pink vans!:pI'm sure you mentioned him to the new company??

install monkey
22-09-2013, 08:15 PM
yep but unfortunatly they dont need an improver yet as trying to make a good impression due to new contracts- so will see if i can work me magic

frank
23-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Damn....

Just as I was about to give you a PM..my peanut tree died...:eek:

Managed to get the missus to give it the kiss of life, but, like my Pec**r, it don't respond..sorry Monkey..no jobby available :confused:

When me new tree is grown and producing wages, I'll give you a shout :D

install monkey
23-09-2013, 10:12 PM
new job offer was based on em winning a contract but apparently it could be a few weeks- sod that
got another job starting thurs more money,no tracker and paid door to door

marc5180
23-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Where've you gone to now then? Is it still local?

install monkey
23-09-2013, 10:57 PM
sdh bolton- small firm

install monkey
02-10-2013, 05:49 PM
update- currently no van yet as insurance company is changing on 8th oct- been getting chauffered about for the past week- so i must be the highest paid apprentice,got fisted at a petrol station when the fuel card had wrong pin issued- so currently 102 quid down - yay expenses- plenty of work, lots of running around-
and paid on friday- not heard off me redundancy/last months wages yet:mad:

marc5180
02-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Is it Weekly pay rather than monthly?

What about overtime? Is there any

install monkey
02-10-2013, 09:33 PM
yep weekly pay and a im being chauffered im limited to the overtime but got 10hrs in last week

install monkey
04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
got a payslip- just gotta check me wage went in!- did charity work at the last company:D

kefah
08-10-2013, 05:47 PM
nice to hear that you returned to work

WebRam
08-10-2013, 07:58 PM
good news all round then ;)