PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu asyg24lfcc

Andy AC
19-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Hello guy's, I fitted a new fujitsu wall mount in my local gym a couple of days ago. When I finished installing it, I gave it a good test run on heating and cooling, all seemed ok. A couple of days later, a proper electric supply was attached, just in time for busy spin class, should have been ok. Idiots down the gym fiddled with the remote, I showed them how to use it again, and again all seemed fine.
I went down the gym this evening, as soon as I walked in, they started whingeing about the a/c not working, so I switched it back on, appeared to be fine. It seems to run for 15-20 mins the the indoor fan and compressor stops, louvres stay open, no sign of any fault codes.
I have left it in that state, and will go back first thing in the morning to see if there is any codes or anything else obvious wrong.
Any of you guys come across this before?

Tayters
19-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi Andy,

No, not come across it before but i would make sure it hasn't reached its setpoint or defrosting or anything daft like that (guessing you have already done that though!) then have a look see if the room probe is reading correct - came across that once on a 2kW version come to think of it. Think on those the probe is soldered on the PCB.

install monkey
19-09-2013, 10:25 PM
was it in heating mode as fan stops at setpoint

Tayters
19-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Sheet of probe values me ol' china!

Andy AC
19-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Definitely on cooling mode. I was thinking return sensor but surely the fan would still run regardless. The other thing I found strange was that when you start it in cooling, the fan won't go for at least 30 seconds.

Andy AC
19-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Cheers Tayters

install monkey
19-09-2013, 10:42 PM
fan should start up as soon as louvres open, in cooling mode fan should run all the time in cooling mode
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wk9x8ca0xcerjr5/SERVICE_MANUAL_ASYG12LECA.pdf
closest service manual ive got

Definitely on cooling mode. I was thinking return sensor but surely the fan would still run regardless. The other thing I found strange was that when you start it in cooling, the fan won't go for at least 30 seconds.

eggs
19-09-2013, 10:50 PM
all I can add is "don't sh1t in your own garden".....lesson i learned long ago..:D

Rule number one..any work you do for a local business/friend on the cheap WILL backfire.

Andy AC
19-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Cheers for that Monkey, Just been reading about your bad news, sorry to hear that mate. Hope your lucky pants work.

Andy AC
19-09-2013, 11:06 PM
all I can add is "don't sh1t in your own garden".....lesson i learned long ago..:D

Rule number one..any work you do for a local business/friend on the cheap WILL backfire.

Unfortunately where I am, everywhere is my back garden. And yes, the boss at the Gym is a friend:o

install monkey
19-09-2013, 11:14 PM
no christmas card this year then if u dont fix it:D

Unfortunately where I am, everywhere is my back garden. And yes, the boss at the Gym is a friend:o

Andy AC
20-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Return air probe appeared to be out, permanently attached to pcb:mad: . New board and probe to hopefully arrive Tuesday.
Machine runs fine in test mode for 60 mins, which conveniently coincides with the duration of the spin classes, so I'm off the hook for a bit:)

assailant
22-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Return air probe appeared to be out, permanently attached to pcb:mad:

how do you confirm the thermistor is faulty if you cant disconnect it and test the resistance in isolation?

did you meter it whilst it was still soldered to the pcb or did you chop it loose?

Tayters
24-09-2013, 10:12 PM
how do you confirm the thermistor is faulty if you cant disconnect it and test the resistance in isolation?

did you meter it whilst it was still soldered to the pcb or did you chop it loose?

The data sheet has the voltage values at corresponding temperatures although a bit crazy to solder it in to begin with.

Andy AC
25-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Had to measure it in place,not ideal I know. New board arrived late yesterday afternoon, fitted it even later last night and it don't work, new board faults straight away:mad:. 4 flash operation and 2 of timer. which I have believe is fault with emergency operation switch? Put original board back in, another board due friday.
It was a crap end to an already crap day, previous job was changing a fan deck on a vaporex dehum in a hot swimming pool above a jacuzzi/spa. Apart from being drenched in sweat from head to toe, when finally switched on, it kept blowing rcd and mcb's. Whilst trying to find the fault, dropped my insulation tester in the spa.:mad: Turns out chlorinated water is not good for it.

Tayters
25-09-2013, 09:33 PM
4 flash operation and 2 of timer. which I have believe is fault with emergency operation switch?

Indoor coil probe error.

Andy AC
25-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I didn't have a fujitsu manual handy, I used the troubleshooting guide in the climate center book. After dealing with that lot, no wonder they got the wrong code.
With the new board, it faults immediately. I checked the coil thermistor reading the other day and it seemed fine.

Tayters
25-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Fujitsu fault codes are at last standard if they are the G generation, as in ASYG.
Not too sure what's in the NRS book but the last one i had didn't have this newer info, just the older stuff which to be fair was helpful - as long as it related to the unit you were working on. not that Fujitsu have made it easy with the fault codes in the first place.

On that model the coil probe is plugged into fly lead coming off the PCB. Did that get missed out?

Cheers,
Andy.

Andy AC
25-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the manual Andy. You were right the climate book did have the old info.
I changed the board twice, just to make sure I didn't make any silly mistakes, still the same outcome.