PDA

View Full Version : Recharging refrigerant in my Aquarium chiller

davidwh000
19-09-2013, 09:43 PM
I wonder if anyone can help please. I have an Aquarium chiller which has stopped getting cold and as a result has caused the loss of fish in my marine tank.

Please could you let me know of service agents in the north London, Hertfordshire or Essex location who may be able to take a look at the chiller and recharge or repair it.

I am in EN10 postcode but will be willing to travel to take it to someone nearby if necessary.

Regards

David

monkey spanners
19-09-2013, 10:19 PM
How much did the chiller cost when new and how old is it?

davidwh000
20-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Around £300 and it is about 5 years old. It is a Resun CL280. I have the manual if it helps.

David

monkey spanners
20-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Right, i think it would cost nearly as much a new one for me to come and look at it! For that price and age unless it is something simple like a dirty heat exchange (either air or water side) blocked filter or electrical issue it would likely be cheaper to buy a new one than fix it (maybe not cheaper but better use of your money)

marc5180
20-09-2013, 07:28 PM
right, i think it would cost nearly as much a new one for me to come and look at it! For that price and age unless it is something simple like a dirty heat exchange (either air or water side) blocked filter or electrical issue it would likely be cheaper to buy a new one than fix it (maybe not cheaper but better use of your money)

x2.........

davidwh000
25-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Thank you everyone, very sensible advice. I now have till next summer to sort things out as the weather should not get too hot before then.
Cheers everyone.