PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu issue

Kev The Tool
12-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi Guys, I have an issue with a fujitsu ducted system and i could do with either confirmation of faulty/restricted expansion valve or your opinion on the problem. Got called out to a system not working very well. checked air off temps in heating 30c and 18c in cooling. put the gauges on and checked superheat 3f, so i weighed out the gas R410a thinking it could be overcharged, it was! 800 grams over, factory charge is 3.4kg. awesome i thought, be in the pub soon. so continued to vac the system and recharge throttling through the suction the remainder of the gas not sucked in. the problem starts. sucked in 300grams and slowed right down so i ran in cooling and started to throttle in. 3 hours and 1.8 kgs later, i thought i have a restriction. so i turned the system off and waited 10 mins and turned back on listening for the coil to energize the expansion valve, clicked like a beaut. so i think the fault is the valve itself. any offers of opinion. as i have till the end of the month to sort it.
thanks
Kev

r.bartlett
12-09-2013, 01:03 PM
If its the charging rate then look at your gauge lines and Schrader ....Or are you sure sure you're charging liquid??

Kev The Tool
12-09-2013, 01:57 PM
checked and changed gauges, same problem, the only thing i didnt do is recharge with virgin R410a, i recharged with what i took out. i was going to just recharge with virgin gas but ran out of time. dont know if that would help though,