PDA

View Full Version : Magnum with MP3000 Motherboard

hcarujo
10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
hello. I have this problem with a thermo king reefer and I was wondering if this rings a bell to anyone. It's a Magnum with a MP3000a controller and a MP3000 moherboard.
From what I can tell of the routine when starting up, it activates the heaters, the sensors pick it up, and afterwards it activates everything in order to reach setpoint. My problem is that when it starts it doesn't do a thing. I managed to make the order to the heaters appear by shaking the mother board, then it activates the led of the compressor, and everything works except the compressor. If I push the relay of the compressor the compressor works. I've tried the controller on another similar reefer and the controller works just fine. I tried a new controller on the problematic reefer and it stays the same. I've tried 3 motherboards on that reefer and it stays the same. I've tried its motherboard on the other reefer and work just fine. I've used a mega-ohmmeter on the motors, and their isolation to ground is fine...i'm getting desperate with this one. I can only make it more or less works when I find a certain position to hold he motherboard. If it is fixed to the strucure nothing works, if it is slightly loose it does.. I've measured the resistance between the grounds inside the controller and motherboard box, and the screws to where that box is fixated..2 ohms. It should give me zero point something I think..has this ever happened to anyone? Do you think that the value between grounds is too high, and that might have something to do with it?

reefermechanic
16-10-2013, 02:54 AM
have you solve the ur problem?

see you
reefermechanic