PDA

View Full Version : Carrier hose and fittng

kamalseehra
03-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Hello is any 1 know where can I get carrier fitting and hose

Tried carrier they don't have any in stock looking for suction and discharge fittings with charging port

cadwaladr
04-09-2013, 12:49 AM
which country you in?

sonkax
04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
carrier uses now new kind of hoses and fittings, they are different from old diameters and wont fit old type hoses. If you have old grey hoses from manuli only chance finding old fittings is from someone who has some spare ones, carrier does not sell old type anymore.

cadwaladr
04-09-2013, 09:00 PM
burgaflex if you are in the uk they supply me very helpful company.

djbe
05-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Or manuli still do the old style Carrier and a modern equivalent.

Carrier now use codan hose to try and solve their design problems, it hasn't!

Find an alternative, manuli works fine.

kamalseehra
08-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks mate i will Manuil hose I think zanotti use manuili as well

Nikolas33
24-09-2013, 06:54 AM
service provider uses now new type of lines and accessories, they are different from old diameters and will never fit old type lines. If you have old greyish lines from manuli only opportunity discovering old accessories is from someone who has some extra ones, service provider does not offer old type any longer.

djbe
25-09-2013, 11:19 PM
service provider uses now new type of lines and accessories, they are different from old diameters and will never fit old type lines. If you have old greyish lines from manuli only opportunity discovering old accessories is from someone who has some extra ones, service provider does not offer old type any longer.

Or use Manuli modern equivalent "Refrimaster +"

charlie patt
02-12-2013, 08:11 PM
carrier with a fault dont be silly they have never ever had any any any faults apart from moisture ingress 0n pipework ,,, t bird boards and vector oops sorry back to offical quotes carrier never have any faults thats why they ignore warranty back to the original question if you are trying to fit a second hand elbow on a sh pipe it will leak so rip it out and fit a new pipe in my opinion ta charlie

IRMechanik
02-12-2013, 09:51 PM
carrier with a fault dont be silly they have never ever had any any any faults apart from moisture ingress 0n pipework ,,, t bird boards and vector oops sorry back to offical quotes carrier never have any faults thats why they ignore warranty back to the original question if you are trying to fit a second hand elbow on a sh pipe it will leak so rip it out and fit a new pipe in my opinion ta charlie

I agree with Charlie, if you're trying to patch an old line you're asking for trouble especially on the discharge line. The inner plastic liner gets brittle with the heat and even moving the line will crack the liner and cause leaks. Trying get a new fitting to seal on an old line is near impossible. I know changing a fitting or splicing in a service port seems like a quick and easy solution but it will most likely come back to bite you in the ass. ultimately it is the customer's choice, if they are ok with the quick and easy route and the very good chance they're going to pay you to do it all over again the proper way, that's their call to make.