PDA

View Full Version : wall mounted mono block units

halfaguy80
02-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi
looking for advice on zanotti wall mounted mono block chiller units,
I am looking at the idea of attaching one to my drawbar trailer. The unit I am looking at is the MAS221T539F AS-R chiller unit, however
I want to know if the unit can be used whilst the trailer is in motion as I have only seen them used in a stationary form, It will be powered via a diesel generator whilst in motion and powered by mains when stationary,
Is this possible???:confused:

cadwaladr
02-09-2013, 10:20 PM
no dont think its advisable

smpsmp45
03-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Definitely not. The units are not designed for movement. Only stationary applications

B G Scott
03-09-2013, 05:48 PM
We have had many failures with these units operating on generators even on static sites, although the ones connected to the mains seem fine.

halfaguy80
04-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Ah! okay folks thats as far as I go with that idea, Is there any Unit that I can get to fit my trailer,
It must be flush fitting as the primemover is very close to the trailer and it must be powered by electric, preferably 240v the area of trailer is approx 22m3 and is only required to chill, this is a tall order I think, anyone got any ideas:D

cadwaladr
05-09-2013, 12:01 AM
eurofrigo do an inverter style big inverter on the towing vehicle asda delivery use them very efficient,plus a 240v hook up.

charlie patt
05-09-2013, 09:36 PM
i would buy two ex tesco undermounts say gah and fit um you would need two due to size and match the underslung to twin fan evaps that way condensor are under the trailer not on top or cut the top front of trailer and fit a excalibur then front of fridge is level with trailer not that much work depends on insulation of trailer we do have a customer where we fitted a ex tesco electric drive unit like cad says above and he runs it via his sussies but your trailer is to big you aint got enough cooling capacity

halfaguy80
06-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi charlie,
we have been advised against the use of underslung mounts due to the harshness of our local roads,
It would seem the logical answer too, thanks