PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu heat pump troubleshooting

chompers
02-09-2013, 12:58 AM
We installed a Fujitsu 2 ton cassette type heat pump in 2007. It ran fine up untill we had a power failure. Now the condenser will not run and the red trouble code light is flashing one flash. The ceiling cassette runs and the hard wired stat seems to be working except for the EEE error message. The proper incomming voltage is present at the condenser. Our area has been plagued by power problems recently and I am wondering if this problem may have been caused by a power surge. I don't have much Fujitsu troubleshooting experience but I have been doing AC work for many years. I would really appreciate any guidance on how to proceed to repair this unit. I'm sorry I don't have the exact model number but the tag is missing from the unit. Thanks for any help you can give me.

flyinkiwi
02-09-2013, 01:56 AM
What is the model number of your indoor and outdoor?

Ha. Missed the bit about the model number being absent. Even the outdoor details will be helpful.

flyinkiwi
02-09-2013, 02:08 AM
PM me with your email address, I can send you some info that might help you work through diagnoses by the remote control.

nike123
02-09-2013, 06:25 AM
You need to read Error code from remote. Search this forum for how to do it. I already explained it in few posts.

P.S.

http://airconditioningfaultcodes.blogspot.com/2013/05/fujitsu-air-conditioner-error-codes.html

install monkey
02-09-2013, 06:42 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?39948-fujitsu-AOH45LJBYL&highlight=

chompers
03-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Thank you so much for the information you sent me.The error code is 01 on the stat and we were able to find the model in our records, it is AOU24LX. According to the information you directed me to, code 01 means there is a com. failure between the indoor and outdoor units. How should I procede to trouble shoot this unit? Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

install monkey
03-09-2013, 07:11 PM
wire 3 should be 120-150v ac pulsed signal- prob different in usa
if ok, order new outdoor pcb- the power module should be ok, also replace the condenser fan as this can take the board out- might be an idea to test the outdoor pcb- as theyre dc- refer to the post on the link - metal cased condenser fans can ground the outdoor pcb-