PDA

View Full Version : Thermo king x430 removal tools ( deep sump 60 kg ) too heavy

deanCool
01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi just placed x430ls with deep sump and clutch on scales. Nearly 60 kgs does anyone have any tools to remove. Any help/ ideas much appreciate

gravy258
02-09-2013, 10:19 AM
what unit is it in? a SLX ?
Can't you get a forklift tine underneath it ? but then you've had it on scales so its out already.
To refit i'd be putting long bolts in the top then locating and sliding it on them.

deanCool
04-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Just looking to see what other methods of compressor lift there is any photos much appreciated.

cadwaladr
04-09-2013, 08:59 PM
what i would do in my youth was grab it with my teeth,best advise get a stack in fact 2 stacks in front of the unit then block the beast underneath unbolt it and lift it onto the pallets then a some more pallets like a staircase to get it to ground level thats if you have no stacker truck if you have a stacker/forl lift take one fork off and put it under the beast while its on the unit,oh and have some porridge for your breakfast!

gravy258
05-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Lol, we have the deep sumps in SB Spectrum units, so theres plenty of room to lump it in and out using the above method. A SLX would be a different issue as it sits inside the frame.
I couldn't imagine a SLXe spectrum with standby, what a pile of rubbish that would be.

pkw111
05-09-2013, 01:15 PM
The SLX's aren't too bad actually as they have metal surf boards so you can sit the compressor on there and it's only a small lift to get it onto the longer studs.

charlie patt
05-09-2013, 09:49 PM
whats up with you pussies come on well i will let you in to the way us devon boys do it all depends on model pallets is best but if not around i have built a plate that bolts to whatevers free ie sb11 the clutch tensioning arm or smxs god help us the riser plate the 3s the bell housing on this plate is a idler pulley atach one end to comp other to the apprentice or if a real hurrey to towbar in van and pull it up swing it in.... a good rope is advisable works every time built it for snwds and adapted it for most model by the way who thinks smxs was built by carrier and planted in the tk technicall office it worked

djbe
05-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi just placed x430ls with deep sump and clutch on scales. Nearly 60 kgs does anyone have any tools to remove. Any help/ ideas much appreciate

Rule No 1:

Don't attempt to do it on site unless you really have to, then use Charlie Patts super patented idea.

Rule No 2:

Advise the customer if you do it on site the risk assessments and insurance implications could be very bad.

Rule No 3:

Get it back to your own place then do it however you like but don't hurt yourself and charge enough for the risk.

Rule No 4:
If you have to lift it out with your teeth as Caddy says make sure you have used flouride toothpaste because anything above a clutch with your teeth can be liable to break them.

Have fun,
djbe.

gravy258
07-09-2013, 04:07 AM
The SLX's aren't too bad actually as they have metal surf boards so you can sit the compressor on there and it's only a small lift to get it onto the longer studs.

you'll be loving the plastic bottom panel on the new SLXe then.

farkin SLX, panels that fall off in the night, and the bearing shop's best customer by far.

wilt
07-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Again this is what you get when a college graduate designs a fridge with no thought of the engineer that has to work on it in the field!

pkw111
07-09-2013, 02:20 PM
you'll be loving the plastic bottom panel on the new SLXe then.

farkin SLX, panels that fall off in the night, and the bearing shop's best customer by far.

Yeah I've installed a few with them s***e 2 part surf board things, they are great!! But I've never done a compressor yet. They seem to have sorted the belt tensioners out aswell with the springs on them now

gravy258
07-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah I've installed a few with them s***e 2 part surf board things, they are great!! But I've never done a compressor yet. They seem to have sorted the belt tensioners out aswell with the springs on them now

yeh we have a heap of SLXe400's, some are smokin like trains, others have bearing squeal after 1800 hours. And the panels keep falling off.
There not great, only second to a Maxima in the too many belts/idlers contest.
To think this design came after the Vector..

mark roberts
08-09-2013, 08:22 PM
whats wrong ! in our day we just lifted them out and down the ladder clutches attatched guess wot i dontthinks i could do it now backs gone and too long poncing about in supermarkets !

deanCool
08-09-2013, 10:41 PM
We all have lifted out compo every shape but I think thermoking should design a lifting tool to lift out this beast. But they are having bother getting the slx/e/whisper pile of s**t sorted out.

wilt
10-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Talking about things falling off what's with the idea of using Torx head screws!if you don't use the right bit you either don't get em tight enough or they end up rounded off,what was wrong with the stainless 6 mm set screws?

pkw111
10-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Talking about things falling off what's with the idea of using Torx head screws!if you don't use the right bit you either don't get em tight enough or they end up rounded off,what was wrong with the stainless 6 mm set screws?

are you on about the grey panels?! We put double sided tape on them, seems to hold better than the torx bolts lol