PDA

View Full Version : Not freezing or cooling. Light on.

sparkysparx
24-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi. i have a glacier fridge freezer. when it was working ok, when i closed the freezer door it would make like a suction noise and i couldnt open the door for about 10 seconds. i came home today, opened the freezer then closed it - no suction noise and i could open the door straight after closing it. i thought maybe i had a power cut but it wasnt. i opened the fridge and the interior light was on. the food in the freezer was starting to defreeze and the food in the fridge wasn't cool. everything on the back of the fridge was cold. can any one help? thank you.

US Iceman
24-02-2006, 07:11 PM
when i closed the freezer door it would make like a suction noise and i couldn't open the door for about 10 seconds.

The suction noise you are hearing is the air rushing past the door gasket. When the door to a freezer is opened, some of the cold air falls out. The cold air is replaced by warm air in the freezer. When the warm air begins to cool down, the volume of the warm air decreases and lowers the pressure inside of the freezer.

For a short time the pressure in the freezer is lower than the air pressure outside of the fridge. In essence, the difference in pressures is why you have problems opening the door, after it has been opened and closed.

The not cooling issue is related to some problem with the refrigeration system. Could be electrical or mechanical.

sparkysparx
24-02-2006, 07:19 PM
strange, just started working again.

chillin out
25-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Sounds like you had left the door open.

Chillin:) :)

Andywat
03-04-2006, 06:21 PM
You didnt say where this fridge freezer was located?... Could it be in a garage or outhouse??.. In which case ambient lockout was the likely cause :D

chillin out
03-04-2006, 09:12 PM
He aint been back since he posted this, so I wouldnt waste my time replying.

(view his profile, it tells you last visit)

Andywat
04-04-2006, 07:08 PM
He aint been back since he posted this, so I wouldnt waste my time replying.

(view his profile, it tells you last visit)

D'oh!!!!! you can tell im new lol :rolleyes: