PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV BS Box Heating issue help?

maxcool
29-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Looking for some help and advice on a system I have been looking at. Condenser model no is RSEYP10KJY1, Indoor unit model no FXYFP80KV1 and BS Box Model no BSVP160KJV1. Basically there are 4 indoor units and 3 BS box's. The first two units each have a BS box and then the 3rd and 4th unit are run off of 1 box. The first two units work fine in heating and cooling. The 3rd and 4th units will not heat. I took the panel off the BS box and inspected pcb. Checked voltage on terminals leading to the solenoid valves. The terminals B, gain 240V when heating is selected. I then removed the top panel to reveal the solenoids. I traced power to the solenoid and 240V is present however the solenoid was not energised. I could lift it up and down without any resistance and no valve clicking. So... to prove my point, I put my magnet on the valve, heard the valve click but did not hear any refrigerant. I left the unit running with the magnet on the valve and still no heating effect what so ever. I have spoke to two engineers at Daikin Tech, the first one said there is a strainer before and after the valve within the box so he thinks these are blocked and the second saying the valve has failed. The box is full of expanding foam from the factory so it is not really something that can be taken apart easily. Both engineers said parts are very limited too. What are your thoughts?

martinoff
29-08-2013, 06:42 PM
i will agree with faulting of valve

The Viking
29-08-2013, 07:01 PM
When you tested this valve, was the rest of the system in heating?
Otherwise, if it works in cooling, it is likely that you are looking at a faulty 3 port valve... Sorry.

There is worth asking around, there might be refurbished or reclaimed boxes around.

:cool:

install monkey
29-08-2013, 09:41 PM
usually a bs box is unservicable due to all the foam- apart from the pcb- either replace bs box or if unavailable ur gonna have to strip it out on a bench and cut out strainers to inspect

Darrenp
29-08-2013, 10:37 PM
They can still get them .. Fitted one a couple of months ago .. Due to same problem