PDA

View Full Version : Oil compressor daikin heatpump 2yc63bxd (4mxs80e)

janramon
29-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Iam going to replace a compressor.
The new compressor has leaked oil (transported on its side....)

How to check oil level and refill?

Why are there 2 pipes going from the suction line accumulator to the compressor?
Whats different compaired to other "normal" accumulator?

Greetings,
JRS

passandscore
29-08-2013, 12:59 PM

You have a twin rotary compressor. It has a lower and upper cylinder. The accumulator has 2 pipes instead of one coming out the bottom and is otherwise constructed the same.

http://www.prattco.com/pdf/Compressors/LG%20Rotary%20Catalog.pdf

janramon
30-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Ok thanks!
Do you also know how to check the oil level and how to refill?

joe-ice
30-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Where did the oil leak out ,i would imagine the discharge pipe.In rotary compressors the entire inner shell is open to the discharge pressure so i would think the oil would be taken out and recharged via the discharge port unless of course theres a check valve in that then really in bother.Oil charge should be on compressor name plate so fully drain then refill

janramon
30-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the replies,
Yes the oil has leaked out through the discharge port (cap was loose during transport and on it's side)
will try to get the rest of the oil out of the compressor through the discharge port.
But there is a accumulator inbetween the discharge port and the compressor, hope most of the oil will pass through!
Thanks all, will update later

janramon
30-08-2013, 12:58 PM
I did not read the previous post good enough!
it did leak through the suction port(s) and accumulator.

But how much oil can leak out there since the 2 lines are connected directly to the pumps?
Also the discharge connection is sticking a couple of cm in the housing.

Should this mean that you can not empty the compressor?
And if upside down maby I should fill untill it comes out again?

joe-ice
30-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Its possible the accumalator was precharged with oil up to the level of the orifice for oil return.Best to try and contact supplier.You could also get an idea by doing what you said filling until it doesnt come out and measure the volume that would be, in the one you have cut out and add /remove according to that measurement and the nameplate charge.They dont make it easy do they.

passandscore
31-08-2013, 01:27 AM
You will never know how much oil you lost and cannot drain all the oil out so you will not know accurately how much oil to add! Seeing as the oil leaked out due to transport perhaps trying to exchange the compressor would be your easiest and safest bet. Most suppliers would not have a problem with this. If you are concerned, they should be concerned. Give it a try.

monkey spanners
31-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Send it back and get another compressor. No point fitting damaged goods to your or a customers equipment.