PDA

View Full Version : Can someone familiar with carpigiani batch models help me here?

Python49
25-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Hello guys,

I'm not an expert when it comes to refrigeration engineering but was trying to buy a carpigiani machine for my business and just wanted feedback from some of the experts here.

I want to buy a carpigiani model that produces the low overrun gourmet gelato. The models I was looking at importing here was the LB-502g model. For some strange reason, I can't even find this model listed on carpigiani's own website (www.carpigiani.com/usa) all they seem to list is the lb 502g-RTX models. Anyhow, someone locally here told me that I should probably try to get a mechanical machine instead of the digital machines because the ones with digital screen will be at high risk of burning out due to power fluctuations here.

The carpigiani distributor I was discussing buying his machine with in the US told me that the LB-502g model operates digitally but that it's the RTX model I'm referring to and that the G model is a different screen and manual control of the settings, and that what it sounded like I was looking for was the G model.

Python49
25-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Here's the picture of the machine he's selling, I'm not even sure if this is considered mechanical or digital. He told me:

"They are as pictured they are controlled by 24 volt circuit not the 208 230 volt system I do not know of a Carpigiani batch freezer that has a mechanical display panel
If you are concerned about voltage spike you can add a buck booster "

Python49
29-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Perhaps I'm posting this in the wrong forum, any recommendations on where it should go instead maybe for proper feedback?