PDA

View Full Version : Precision Brazing and Cutting Gas

fmflex
25-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi All

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this so if not could a mod please move it to the correct section.

Basically I was after the thoughts and experiences of anyone who has used the A-Gas Precision brazing and cutting gas as an alternative to acetylene. How do you find it? What sort of flame are you getting when used with oxygen? Do you see any drawbacks of using it?

Thanks in advance

monkey spanners
25-08-2013, 06:54 PM
The A-Gas stuff we get here is acetylene. We have an oxy propylene (Mapp pro gas) set which is good but not as hot as the acetylene but this could be due to a lack of familiarity on my part.

chillerman2006
26-08-2013, 12:45 PM
We have an oxy propylene (Mapp pro gas) set which is good but not as hot as the acetylene but this could be due to a lack of familiarity on my part.

Cut n Shut a no.8 boc nozzle to it Jon, they work ok then, plenty of heat ;)

R's chillerman

fmflex
26-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi monkey spanners

Thanks for your reply. I've also used the mapp pro with oxygen torches and also find it not as hot as acetylene. I do find that you'll have no trouble brazing 1" 1/8 without trouble which makes it very handy for smaller self contained cabinets.

The A-gas Precision fuel is sold exclusively through one wholesaler, at least down here in Melbourne in Australia. It's pushed as a more stable alternative to acetylene that is marginally hotter. I was after people's opinions who had used it or seen it in action before I decide whether to invest in a new torch and reg or not.