PDA

View Full Version : NZ Approved Filler / Handler certification

AndyHX
24-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Hey guys ,
to all NZ refrigeration guys out there .
Who has the appropriate licence , who has done the course and is it worth it?
From what i have i have seen it is as weak as piss and doesnt mean a thing. Our wolesalers ask us if we have a licence ? Answer no, and then they sell the refrigerant any way.
I wish it was tighter here in NZ , get non refrigeration guys from buying heatpumps for a start and protect our industry and livelihood .
Any ideas?
Cheers
Andy

Goober
24-08-2013, 09:41 AM
The course is.... worth it. Bottom line is you are breaking the law if you recover refrigerant into a cylinder, thats the whole gist of it. Regardless of everything else you have heard, you are still breaking the law recovering refrigerant. Yes its not very well policed and unfortunatley the wholesalers not selling to non licensed fridgies is purely voluntary.

There are much cheaper courses out there which will get you a license, but the IRHACE/CCCA run courses, although more expensive, are tailored to our trade, and your contributing to our industries govering bodies. As much as people think they do f*ck all, they actually do a lot with the limited and dwindling membership fees and funds.

Money talks and bugger all gets done with out it and as much as I would love to see our industry registered etc, unfortunatley memberships of IRHACE and CCCA and govering bodies around the world are trending downwards. So we have no voice, no unity, no power, and this lets the cowboys in.

Goober.

licencetochill
14-01-2014, 08:07 AM
The course is.... worth it. Bottom line is you are breaking the law if you recover refrigerant into a cylinder, thats the whole gist of it. Regardless of everything else you have heard, you are still breaking the law recovering refrigerant. Yes its not very well policed and unfortunatley the wholesalers not selling to non licensed fridgies is purely voluntary.

There are much cheaper courses out there which will get you a license, but the IRHACE/CCCA run courses, although more expensive, are tailored to our trade, and your contributing to our industries govering bodies. As much as people think they do f*ck all, they actually do a lot with the limited and dwindling membership fees and funds.

Money talks and bugger all gets done with out it and as much as I would love to see our industry registered etc, unfortunatley memberships of IRHACE and CCCA and govering bodies around the world are trending downwards. So we have no voice, no unity, no power, and this lets the cowboys in.

Goober.

Sorry i have to disagree in regards to the money side of things Goober, the Levy that we pay per kg of refrigerant goes to IHRACE, This would mean they should have MILLIONS by now. No excuses for doing F%^* all for so long in my opinion.
Our industry is an absolute disgrace in the fact it's totally unregulated, Cowboys banging in refrigeration and heat pumps all over the place. Sadly it's going to take another Tamahere before things may change, and it's when, not if!
Our company did our course for around half the cost, with my old block course teacher from MIT who actually wrote the course for IHRACE. Mike Dubey.
Still havn't had to produce our certs for anything either!

FreezerGeezer
14-01-2014, 10:31 AM
What makes you think the Oz system is helpful to the industry here? My personal experience & thus opinion is that it mostly isn't.

Goober
28-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Sorry i have to disagree in regards to the money side of things Goober, the Levy that we pay per kg of refrigerant goes to IHRACE, This would mean they should have MILLIONS by now. No excuses for doing F%^* all for so long in my opinion.
Our industry is an absolute disgrace in the fact it's totally unregulated, Cowboys banging in refrigeration and heat pumps all over the place. Sadly it's going to take another Tamahere before things may change, and it's when, not if!
Our company did our course for around half the cost, with my old block course teacher from MIT who actually wrote the course for IHRACE. Mike Dubey.

Actually it doesn't go to IHRACE, it goes to another entity, for the life of me I can't remember the name. And you are correct, it does have quite war chest. BUT, it is required for the destruction of recovered refrigerants. To be fair, I'm out of the loop a bit these days....Why don't you take yourself along too one of the Trade nights put on by IHRACE/CCCCA, and put your views forward.

Goober
28-01-2014, 09:48 AM

And your money went staight into Mike's pocket. No support of your governing body there.

Goober
28-01-2014, 09:52 AM
http://www.refrigerantrecovery.co.nz/index.shtml

Magoo
29-01-2014, 03:13 AM
I agree with Goober, the training requirements is a serious attempt by the Institute to get some sense and sensibility into whole process, but lacking teeth and clout thanks to money grabbing Govt departments.
Our trade should be registered / licenced, no buts or questions, will rid the trade of idiots.
As for wholesalers, they should be put up against a wall and shot for selling to anyone with the money. I can buy it by the pallet load on line, no questions asked apart from how are am I paying.