PDA

View Full Version : Water Chiller Design

Valhalla
22-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi guys, I've been reading a lot on this site and thought maybe some people could help me. I am an engineer and a company, and they are looking at expanding into the chiller market and have allocated me to research and design them. I have a fairly good understanding of water/oil temp control units, and the basics of the refrigeration cycle.

Does anyone have any material I could be pointed towards, that helps size/design condensers/evaporators/expansion valves, with a given load per hour.

Thanks

Brian_UK
22-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Good luck with your companies dream. Product design via textbook can only result in a poor product.

Valhalla
23-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Well, we have existing prototypes in house that I have reviewed, but I would say that the design is rather poor. The hot gas bypass can be improved on.

chillerman2006
26-08-2013, 11:40 AM
but I would say that the design is rather poor. The hot gas bypass can be improved on.

Hi Valhalla

you seemed to have stumbled upon a design that the rest of the chiller industry has missed

why have you got a defrost circuit & how does this work ?

Everyone else would just keep the vessel above freezing temps for ht systems or add glycol for those below

Looks like a remarkable step forward in the chiller industry or crushed/leaking tubes in your shells

R's chillerman

chillerman2006
26-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi jakkodell

if your selling brides, our resident Install Monkey would like conversation

R's chillerman

install monkey
26-08-2013, 01:05 PM
first thing u need to learn is not putting irrelevant hyperlinks on your posts

Hello Friends,
I am new on this website.
I am here to learn some thing from this forum.
and please give me advice is this forum website is good or bad for conversation.