PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Inveter Cooling only FTKD12DVMS (fault code 00 ) but only works sometimes!

B4ICEMAN
22-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi Guys! hope someone has solved this ONE!
1, power off 30 secs reboot louvers open indoor fan starts (temp set 18 c room 29 c sometimes outdoor unit starts sometimes not leave it on can wait 20 mins to 5 days and then cooling starts when it is working you can see the Amps changing as it gets closer to set point! (no crazy noises) then if the room load is very low it goes OFF and it may or may not start again or maybe in anything up to 5 days! (Oh S_ _ _ )
2 The condenser forced cooling button will not make it work at all !
3 Cleaned the 2 out door PCB's (no burn marks or stains) and changed the 2 power relays still same !
4 Reluctant to put in new PCB s as far as cost when you know it works sometimes and it not having premenstrual tension !
5 What does the final on remote mean 7- ? can't find that anywhere !
6 it's very hard to test rear PCB whilst running !
7 If i make a fault like remove discharge pipe thermistor and the unit works the fault code comes up!
8 have sent email to Daikin where unit was made NO ANSWER !
9 Hope someone here has cracked it ! :confused:

install monkey
22-08-2013, 08:00 PM
What does the final on remote mean 7-
after checking unit for alarms then its test mode-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o3l5cp9nvw65vam/fault_codes.pdf
click on link above -page 2 explains the fault diagnostic and test mode

install monkey
22-08-2013, 08:03 PM
condenser push button is for pumpdown
try holding the return air sensor on the indoor unit, either sensor going out of range but not open circuit or humidity too low can cause issues

B4ICEMAN
27-08-2013, 12:08 PM
(install monkey) 23-08 Tried it with hair drier no good !

(install monkey) 23-08 [2] thanks have downloaded service manual (but really need all test voltages on PCB's.....Really would like to fix this! it must be so minor ......Have bought another one still R22 new and only 30% more in price than buying indoor/outdoor pcb & remote THEM SPARES ARE FAR TOO EXPENSIVE !.... HEY ANY OTHER BRANDS USE DC SWING COMPRESSORS ? i want to check DC voltage on pot must be the same as brushless dc motor without hall sensors(think) i know that Hitachi used dc system some years ago sold 5 to one customer because they were so quiet ! (thanks hop you find me some more info .

frank
27-08-2013, 08:14 PM
When you initiate the Test Mode (7-) shown on the controller, the test mode goes through a series of tests, not just running the compressor to see if it cools, so if you are just waiting for it to ramp up and cool the room pronto, you will be disappointed.

Are your gas charge and pipework lengths within the manufacturers limits?