PDA

View Full Version : Savawatt control

chilliwilly
21-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Anyone have any information on the savawatt controls, ie wiring diagram?

I have just done a pot change on a walkin freezer, and what a nightmare its been with leaks to say the least. But the old pot had a savawatt unit, at a glance, it just looked like it was wired to the main winding of a Tecumseh LR40 pot. I just ripped all the spades out on the wiring centre, as the new one has all new electrics including a wiring centre. Then when I looked at it to reinstate it, I can't make obvious sense of it and I'm not too sure if it just connects the main winding, and the start winding through the potential relay.

So if anyone has a wiring diagram they can share, it would be greatly appreciated.

r.bartlett
21-08-2013, 07:08 PM
leave it off it's best not to use them ...

install monkey
21-08-2013, 09:44 PM
as rb says,if u wanna save operating costs fit an endocube!- not posting a link as it will get removed as spam! :o

chilliwilly
22-08-2013, 07:21 AM
My instincts were prompting me to leave it off, but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought of them.

Thanks for the advice.

tmm
22-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I did some evaluations on a product of a similar name and researched how it claimed to reduce operating costs. It sensed the zero point of the sinusiodal [alternating current] curve to achieve a no load start. Remember your Ohms Law if there is no voltage ....
Having put various compressors through testing there was little to see in terms of tangible benefit - unless the comparison was an old and dated unit. Whilst things may well have changed I'm unsure the case was proven to the point at which I would fit them.

tmm