PDA

View Full Version : mobiles and coverage

r.bartlett
16-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Uk chaps who are well travelled......... I am on Vodafone and quite frankly they are dreadful these days. Their network coverage in the South is very poor and that's being kind. Their dongles are even worse for signal. I am thinking about T-Mobile which I trialled about a year ago and felt it was much better. So which network are we all on and what is the general view of it especially when on the move

monkey spanners
16-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm on O2 and Daves on vodafone, noticed both have become very poor lately. Full signal drops to nothing and then back again. We wondered if its due to everyone using their phone to go on line all the time and using up the transmitter capacity.

james10
16-08-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm in NE England and on T-Mobile and it sucks for call but 3G is good My own phone is on Vodafone and find it the opposite to T-Mobile

install monkey
17-08-2013, 09:46 AM
02 on work phone and 02 on me iphone, signal pretty good,sometimes u can loose signal when in a basement
but all networks struggle due to overloading- too many southerners wafflin crap! :D

jdunc2301
17-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Tesco which is O2 seem good! Work phone on Vodafone! Fecking terrible!

Orange and t mobile now EE seem good

hyperion
19-08-2013, 08:38 AM
It seems that all of the networks are failing to improve and provide good phone coverage, probably because they are putting all of their resources and effort into trying to outdo each other with 3G and potentially 4G. On O2 and the coverage is not as good as it used to be. T mobile seems to drop out to no signal and then comes back on, same as others have reported.

Spencer.Guy
19-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm E.E (T-mobile) for work, as others calls drop but EE are running up 4G at the moment as they got started a year before the others.

Vodaphone was more reliable in the same areas, Midlands /North but that was over a year ago.

cadwaladr
19-08-2013, 11:39 PM
switched to vodaphone a year or so ago big mistake,getting a giff/gaff sim for my spare phone will see how that does giff gaff ride with o2 allegedley,but yes its all the clowns choking supply thats the problem,may go on the traffic cops wavelength they cant be busy!

yorkshire
23-08-2013, 11:41 PM
was on t-mobile, changed to three. Much better service, so long as you dont have to ring them :rolleyes:

nazia
05-11-2013, 07:00 AM
What is the meaning of "edge" in a mobile phone (http://www.247mobilenews.com/mobiles-2)?

hyperion
05-11-2013, 07:39 AM
It is the lowest signal strength internet connection available. Next is GPRS and then comes 3G or if you are really lucky 4G.

r.bartlett
05-11-2013, 09:24 AM
swapped to EE yesterday - so far so good (In Harwich atm)

Gibbo
05-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Regarding Vodafone the signal for their phones and dongles varies enormously just on their HQ site at Newbury let alone anywhere else. Dongles seemed crap whereever you are.
T Mobile better still for the money all the phone companies charge I would expect to have crystal clear sound and a good signal all of the time .

Gibbo

wheresmyspanner
11-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I have been on vodafone for as long as I can remember,their service is shocking, my mifi is on 3 and seeing as their sim only contract is £12.90 a month for all the data you want, that is where I am changing to in a months time. Vodafone recently had no reception at all in my area for over a week.......so its laters to vodafone and hello to 3