PDA

View Full Version : BELIMO actuators: can they be repaired?

evapcoil1
16-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Hello Colleagues
I have a question: does anybody knows if there is any company that repairs BELIMO dampers actuators?
Cheers
R

hookster
16-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi
Anything can be repaired but why would you consider this an option unless they are very large actuators it just will not be cost effective. If they need rewinding or drive mechanisms you still have a well used item. The cost on small actuators is below what the actual labour costs will be. There are a lot of budget range replacement actuators available if you require further cost savings.

install monkey
16-08-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.sontay.com/products/valves-and-actuators/damper-valve-and-failsafe
from 50 quid

evapcoil1
20-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Thank You guys for the comments, my problem is that any replacement I might look for, need to be certified for marine use and approved by classification societies.
Let Me know if you fancy a cruise.. :-)

Brian_UK
20-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Have you contacted Belimo themselves about repairs etc ?

FreezerGeezer
21-08-2013, 10:43 AM
This might sound silly, but if your existing actuators meet the marine requirements, wouldn't whatever unit Belimo have replaced them with also meet requirements? Or do they all have to be individually certified?

evapcoil1
21-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi Freezer
I was not clear in my post, I meant that any other brand that We would think to use needs to have certified products.. :-)
All Belimo products are certified but not individually.

evapcoil1
21-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi Brian
I tried to contact the Italian branch but they are closed for the summer holidays, will try again next week..
Thanks
R