PDA

View Full Version : Air to water heat pump

inveresk
15-08-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm looking for an air to water heat pump to support a hydronic under floor heating system in a residence. The pex for the underfloor heating is going in currently but I'm finding difficulty in sourcing an air to water heat pump. Several manufacturers make these but don't supply to the North American market for reasons I don't understand.

I'd like to be able to offer the client some options. I see Deakin make the product I want but are there any others out there?

And any idea why Fujitsu, Mitsubishi and Toshiba make air to water heat pumps but don't offer them in N. America?

Peter_1
15-08-2013, 09:00 PM
All split AC have these, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Panasonic (= Daikin), Mitsubishi, Midea,....

MikeHolm
16-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Only Mitsi has them here as far as I know and they are pricey. Daikin is considering it, PanaSanyo says no (at least for a while) and Fujitsu hasn't anything that they will sell here either. The market is too small as most new houses are scorched air heat.

jdunc2301
16-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Check out some Scandinavian manufacturers they normally take interest, I'll do some digging and see what there is for N America

nike123
17-08-2013, 10:01 AM
If you have access to Mitsubishi Zubadan, and they are covered wit organized service and parts, than you should consider it, since it is worth of money you pay for it. You know value for money concept, don't you?
That one is hard to beat.

install monkey
17-08-2013, 11:00 AM
ecodan -ashp
zubodan- low ambient heatpumps;)

If you have access to Mitsubishi Zubadan, and they are covered wit organized service and parts, than you should consider it, since it is worth of money you pay for it. You know value for money concept, don't you?
That one is hard to beat.

nike123
17-08-2013, 11:29 AM
You are right Install monkey!
If I recolect corectly, Ecodan is series of air-to-water heat pumps which employ patented technology named Zubadan, which is also used in Direct expansion systems Mr.Slim etc...

install monkey
17-08-2013, 11:59 AM
flash injection to increase low suction pressure during cold ambient temp to maintain capacity.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0dz55a3avdzzpmh/W85_Service_Manual.pdf
ecodan service manual

MikeHolm
19-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Maybe, but they are not available here.

nike123
19-08-2013, 01:00 PM