PDA

View Full Version : GFL Ultra Low Freezer

asephermawan
15-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi All,
Anybody have any experience repairing GFL Deep Freezer (Ultra Low) -85C Model 6485?
Now I'm repairing this Freezer,but someone already worked on that and not successful until the user called and asked me to help. I need some information like charge data for 1st and 2nd stages, and I also found there is no oil separator on the system, is it originally designed from manufacture?Please help me, for anyone who have known or experience with this ULT?

Thank you,

Asep

The Viking
15-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Worked on them in the past but haven't got the details and manuals for them any more.

BUT, THESE PEOPLE (http://www.gfl.de/cfscripts/main_produkt_detail.cfm) are the manufacturers and from what I can remember they are a friendly and helpful bunch (even if they are German!!)

Also worth thinking about if you work on the refrigerant circuit in these is that they requires an extremely deep, standing, vacuum. From memory below 100 microns.

:cool:

asephermawan
15-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi Viking,
Thanks for reply,for sure it's should be deep vacuum for all ULTs but I still need charge info as the guy who worked on that before peel-off info tag and I couldn't contact him. The User tried to contact an authorised dealer here in Indonesia but no response until 4 months, I'll try to contact GFL in Germany for more detail info but still work on as the user need urgently this ULT to work asap.
:cool:

Peter_1
15-08-2013, 09:06 PM
YOu even don't know the type of gas you have to fill?

asephermawan
16-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Hi Peter,
It's sure not HC refrigerants for both stages,there's no flammable sign and according to manufacture web as well. So, I plan to charge with R508B for 2nd stage and R404A for 1st stage with small additives for both.
I worked with some ULTs like REVCO/Kendro, So-Low, Harris, Thermo,Articko and Sanyo but this brand GFL is my first time I found here, Do you have any info for this brand?

Z4Y
18-10-2013, 07:23 AM
HI asep
what is not successful? the unit still can be running but cannot reach the setpoint? or what...??? may be i can help you.
for charging quantity can you share the information of the liquid line (high Stage) diameter and length of the copper tube, and also capacity of the both compressor (3/4 or 1 Hp..?). and also the last temperature that can be reach after 1st repair?